What are these on Clownfish

Jbrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new percula clownfish that has been in QT alone for 9 days.

Initially she had stringy white poop which i have been dosing with PraziPro and they now seem to be gone.

I am seeing these whitish raised dots on body that are hard to see. Initially i thought ICH but the more i look they are really don't seem like ICH as I have dealt with ICH before. I first noticed them about 2 or 3 days in.

I see no signs of stress or heaving breathing and she devours food.

I also see this whitish line on body right behind the left gill which shows up in first picture. Not sure if that is related or anything at all.

Sorry the pictures are not a little closer but my camera won't focus in well on the whitish spots.

Any thoughts on what these might be?

IMG_8128_zpsybbiuseq.jpg
IMG_8128_zpsybbiuseq.jpg
IMG_8126_zpslvjrtwxo.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would treat for brook, being that this is a new clown. The whitish areas on the back part of the fish are what point me in that direction. A rally bath for 90 minutes with lots of aeration, sterilize the QT and all it's components while the clown is in the bath, place back into QT and treat with metroplex.

I feel crazy saying this, but the face almost looks like the first ever case of a clownfish with HLLE that I have ever seen. I must be losing it. :confused:;Wideyed

OP
OP
Jbrand

Jbrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never encountered Brook before but on my reading on it I was under the impression it multiplied very quickly and untreated was a fast killer. I had kind of ruled this out as this has showed up about 6 days ago and has very slowly shown any additional. Can brook come on that slow?

OP
OP
Jbrand

Jbrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a 5 minute FW bath to see what would come off. In the bucket i had this thing in below picture and there were a few black specs in bottom but can't fish those out.

Pic is as good as i could do. Appears to almost have leg thing and two black eyeballs.
FullSizeRender_zps73mvhebz.jpg

OP
OP
Jbrand

Jbrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never mind I think i may have jumped the gun on that. I believe that might be an uneaten mysis i happened to scoop up out of the tank with him.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the clown was in copper prior to your purchase then yes, it can take a week or two for brook to show symptoms. Copper can suppress the symptoms and signs.

OP
OP
Jbrand

Jbrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update that whatever those were have been gone since Tuesday. Clown seems to be doing great.

Will continue to watch him for another week and then may move to DT.

I am hypersensitive with seeing anything out of ordinary as I had something I never determined wipe out a previous tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back