R

russells55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seams like you took over my thread me Hankstank. All good lol

As for me I just took out that ornament. It wasn’t touch the live rock however only a few inch away. I check over the tank beat I could I don’t see anymore so will see what happens next.

Thinking back I believe I did noticed one of these about 3 months ago, just the 1.

Thanks everyone

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Seams like you took over my thread me Hankstank. All good lol

As for me I just took out that ornament. It wasn’t touch the live rock however only a few inch away. I check over the tank beat I could I don’t see anymore so will see what happens next.

Thinking back I believe I did noticed one of these about 3 months ago, just the 1.

Thanks everyone
Not intentional. I didn’t even realize they were asking me which fish.

IMO, and it is definitely personal preference, but I don’t use any “decorations” only rock. Back in the 80’s it was really cool to use large dead coral skeletons, but you had to keep switching them out and bleaching them to keep them clean and pretty. As your tank matures you will get coralline algae growing everywhere. It will cover decorations like the one you had and IMO it won’t look as cool then.

Best of luck. Keep an eye out for them. If one returns try to eliminate it quickly. If they propagate anything like aiptasia, it can be overwhelming.

If you end up with aiptasia, hitting them quickly with Aiptasia-X would be my first go to. When you have one or two. In my reefs they quickly got out of control, but I got some peppermint shrimp and they are now gone.

I hope you get as much joy out of your tank as we do with ours.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back