What are you doing to pass the time? Non-reef or fish related

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With so many people at home there are some that are looking for other things to do. For me I have had a list of this and that I wanted to get to.

1. I needed to repair some of my stunt kites. Parts ordered and fixed.
2. repaint the bathroom.
3. Here’s a thing I did, in part because of the present situation and also we had talked about switching. I installed a new toilet with a bidet seat.

22D16EE2-7F07-4BE1-8E2E-58CF06D260A8.jpeg

5E14323C-CE76-4970-A57F-0BA7AEDB1A62.jpeg
AB3E593E-C51B-4E96-9C9C-BB88A17A38B3.jpeg

What are you doing?

Last edited:

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a mix of done and want to do

1...I mean I "did it for the drinking water" rodi installed
2. Started sheetrocking the back stairs
3. Fixed toilet wax ring
4. Redgard shower for tile
5. Install security lights on garage
6. Install outdoor reset on boiler
7. Mud attic
8. Finish front room floor
9. Random trim/molding
Etc

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just been grinding out league of legends and mincraft with my family for the past 2 weeks because we all had to stay at my moms house for 2 weeks of quarantine upon our return from hawaii- even my mom made a Minecraft account and we all managed to keep her alive while we slayed the dragon- it was hilarious;Hilarious

After a month away from my tanks I have some catching up to do there but non fish related would be catching up on caring for my 14 snakes and 2 lizards as well as going through all the photos from my trip!

maybe now with some extra free time I can work on getting my blue tongue to calm down a little- he’s not mean or anything but he does like to slink away:p

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I are very fortunate to be able to work from home, so that keeps us pretty busy with meetings, etc. The rest of the day is guiding the kiddos through their remote learning, Khan Academy, virtual cub scouts, soccer and ballet and just keeping them engaged. We seem to be cooking all day long too. With all 4 of us home every day we've been going through a lot of food! Oh, and we've been taking family jogs around the block on weekdays to keep us from turning into couch potatoes!

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing a lot of cooking. Trying out new recipes. I’ve done pretty good so far, but my gnocchi game still needs major work. I’m gonna stuff a chicken breast tonight with mozz, ricotta, and tomato sauce. Leftovers from making a lasagna last week. It’s all I ate for three days. Lunch will be the fried rice I made yesterday with the leftover rice that I had with the chicken piccata I made two nights ago.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here with cooking and new recipes. Starting to have to much leftovers and need to take a night off here and there.
Cleaning up the house. Garage is next and a big one.
Still have to finish taxes, but it’s on the backburner with the extension. I usually have to write a check so I’m never in a hurry to complete.
Have a few minor home improvement items to work on.
Catching up on stuff I’ve DVR’d.

I’m in Florida and have a pool, imagine where most of my afternoons are spent lol

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you

Sorry OP i read the title wrong and didnt see the non part for reef/fish related stuff
I would say drawing and creating art, no matter the subject matter is non-reef related. Draw what you like.

U

User1

View Badges
I'm coming up on 8 weeks post op hip replacement. So....I'm not really doing anything much other than recovering and whatever physical therapy I can do in-home. Virus has me locked down two different ways to Tuesday.

Things that I would be doing after work though would I have been able to:

1. Cast some pen blanks
2. Finish aquarium canopy and skirt
3. Turn some pens and attempt a few vases
4. Weather permitting start working in the back yard. Need to get some sprinklers down and a few bids for cement work. I do not believe that I can do that so...

In any case my days are more or less spent reading and recovering or otherwise surfing the web. Hope everyone is well and being safe.

Brittmcoleman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I are very fortunate to be able to work from home, so that keeps us pretty busy with meetings, etc. The rest of the day is guiding the kiddos through their remote learning, Khan Academy, virtual cub scouts, soccer and ballet and just keeping them engaged. We seem to be cooking all day long too. With all 4 of us home every day we've been going through a lot of food! Oh, and we've been taking family jogs around the block on weekdays to keep us from turning into couch potatoes!
Love that you have virtual Cub Scout meetings. Our Girl Scout troop has become disconnected. The leader is wanting to wait it out. Are you all doing virtual soccer? How is that going? I think it’s a cool idea.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that you have virtual Cub Scout meetings. Our Girl Scout troop has become disconnected. The leader is wanting to wait it out. Are you all doing virtual soccer? How is that going? I think it’s a cool idea.

Our Girl Scout troop hasn’t done anything either... But our Cub Scout pack has been pretty good. We’ve been doing zoom pack and den meetings and keeping the boys (and girls now) on track. Virtual soccer is basically just training, like an aerobics video, only live. The coach walks the kids through various training, then they practice it every day on their own. Luckily we have a lawn because the parks are closed. It’s not the same thing as actual soccer, but at least the league is trying.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back