What are you doing to pass the time? Non-reef or fish related

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my other hobbies has come in real handy. I am on my Amateur Radio system for a couple of hours everyday talking to other radio operators around the world. You get some interesting first hand info and perspectives on what is happening in other countries.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my other hobbies has come in real handy. I am on my Amateur Radio system for a couple of hours everyday talking to other radio operators around the world. You get some interesting first hand info and perspectives on what is happening in other countries.
How interesting!

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How interesting!
Yes it's very nice hobby and the best part about it is getting to know people in so many other countries. Getting a license today is very easy as they no longer require you to know Morse code. Lots of online tests available with the actual questions and answer pools. It's pretty easy to prepare for taking the real test. Lots of contests and awards are available for operators every year, so people who are into challenges and awards can go head to head for contacting the most countries during a contest or during their career. Other people like to just chat and meet up with friends everyday.

Last edited:

Jamo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been working. Darn being essential. Wife is also essentially working. So my oldest has been teaching my youngest how to do homework online. And for 2 hours after work every night I have been tiling 700 sq ft of my house. 5293708F-4B15-4B58-99A4-4FCB06B0AEDE.jpeg
coming along.

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) doing some hardcore rejuvenation pruning to my lilac hedges
2) spring cleaning / organizing entire house
3) bought a 240gallon so I can move all my tanks into one
4) doing my makeup and getting dressed to the nines so I can sit and watch elementary on prime
5) resisting the urge to dye/cut/shave my hair

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yard / veggie garden work. 3 acres has some upkeep, like killing fire ants.
Ride bicycle 50 miles 3x a week
Worked on getting the chicken run ready for the new chicks. The big girls are too big for most things to get eatin in the day time. The small ones would disappear fast, unless covered and contained.
Teaching myself to make bread from a sourdough starter.
X word puzzles

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I do is ride my ebike all over the city at night it’s like a giant human video game of tony hawks street adventure

hardly anyone is out

it’s strange and amazing to adventure long range then circle back pretty late. Daytime is kind of boring, night is not boring lol
nobody around, should be social distance compliant but the whole city is an amazing adventure for sure. Excursion in two

Last edited:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eating lots of good food, family time and spending all my money building my bounce collection!
AZ construction/housing development still strong.
Wifes freeking out!
Not scared yet

Joekovar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've pondered a theory where light isn't actually an object, but a true void, devoid of all matter. "The background".

It would explain how light can act like both a particle and a wave simultaneously, as well as how light can exist and propagate in a vacuum. As well as why light seemingly can't escape from the densest known object in the universe.

If a vacuum is creating a void, it would make sense that an absolute void could exist in a vacuum, which would mean what we consider a vacuum isn't truly empty unless it's completely "full" of light.

Fun stuff.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've pondered a theory where light isn't actually an object, but a true void, devoid of all matter. "The background".

It would explain how light can act like both a particle and a wave simultaneously, as well as how light can exist and propagate in a vacuum. As well as why light seemingly can't escape from the densest known object in the universe.

If a vacuum is creating a void, it would make sense that an absolute void could exist in a vacuum, which would mean what we consider a vacuum isn't truly empty unless it's completely "full" of light.

Fun stuff.
I also live in a state where grass sales are essential. I’ve read your post 18 times and I’m gonna read it again for the first time any second.;)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also live in a state where grass sales are essential. I’ve read your post 18 times and I’m gonna read it again for the first time any second.;)
Lots of static and auto correcting but I read this post as a regular post it's just how my brain works.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fun stuff.
Deep bro

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of static and auto correcting but I read this post as a regular post it's just how my brain works.
I was picking up what he was putting down, but I did have to read it a few times. I will say that I was inspired which lead to me spilling some club soda. All cleaned up!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back