Zoanthids
Zoanthids
Top Shelf Aquatics

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I listen to all genres of music, but I especially like digging into an artist's entire discography for a month or so until I need a change.

Right now Im very deep in Roger Miller cuts. Dude was such a legend! Folk, but not too folky. Country, but not too country. He truly didn't fit in.

Evidently musicians from all around the country would follow him around all day because everything that came out of his mouth was a possible hook to a hit song.

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Here’s some newer stuff I’ve been listening to lately:

I tried so hard to like the new Ice Age album. Idk man, it's a bit too sterile sounding. Really neat arrangements though.

What a cool turn for St. Vincent. She's going down in history as a rock legend, so she has time to do whatever the heck she wants. Her and Andrew Bird are probably the most brilliant people in music right now. Both are surely going to have extremely long careers.

Punisher was for sure my favorite album of 2020. I kinda wish she'd stop all the high profile shenanigans tho lol. Stay indie!

MaxTremors

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I tried so hard to like the new Ice Age album. Idk man, it's a bit too sterile sounding. Really neat arrangements though.

What a cool turn for St. Vincent. She's going down in history as a rock legend, so she has time to do whatever the heck she wants. Her and Andrew Bird are probably the most brilliant people in music right now. Both are surely going to have extremely long careers.

Punisher was for sure my favorite album of 2020. I kinda wish she'd stop all the high profile shenanigans tho lol. Stay indie!
You’re definitely right that the new Ice Age album is more clean and sterile sounding. While I like it overall, it just doesn’t have the dark, sort of menacing vibe of their previous work, though each album after You’re Nothing has clearly moved more and more in that direction. I still think Plowing into the Field of Love is their best album.

I really dig this new era of Saint Vincent, it’s almost like this ‘sounds of the 70’s’ compilation, but it’s subverted into this nasty, distorted, thoroughly modern sounding record. The blond wig and the styling of the album and all the promotional material is really cool, too.

For me, it was a toss up between Punisher and Set My Heart on Fire Immediately last year (Fetch the Bolt Cutters was really good too, but it felt like a step back from The Idler Wheel…). I’m not too bothered by indie musicians doing high profile stuff, I say get those coins!

Edit: also love Roger Miller, some of his songs are so campy and stupid that you can’t help but like them.

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
You’re definitely right that the new Ice Age album is more clean and sterile sounding. While I like it overall, it just doesn’t have the dark, sort of menacing vibe of their previous work, though each album after You’re Nothing has clearly moved more and more in that direction. I still think Plowing into the Field of Love is their best album.

I really dig this new era of Saint Vincent, it’s almost like this ‘sounds of the 70’s’ compilation, but it’s subverted into this nasty, distorted, thoroughly modern sounding record. The blond wig and the styling of the album and all the promotional material is really cool, too.

For me, it was a toss up between Punisher and Set My Heart on Fire Immediately last year (Fetch the Bolt Cutters was really good too, but it felt like a step back from The Idler Wheel…). I’m not too bothered by indie musicians doing high profile stuff, I say get those coins!

Edit: also love Roger Miller, some of his songs are so campy and stupid that you can’t help but like them.

You'll love this. Made me foreal LOL when she mentions John Mayer at ~1:10

AS

PICK the Most Tested & Least Tested Parameters of your Tank (Pick 2)

• Calcium (most)

Votes: 48 6.0%
  • Alkalinity (most)

Votes: 548 68.7%
  • Magnesium (most)

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Phosphate (most)

Votes: 76 9.5%
  • PH (most)

Votes: 75 9.4%
  • Nitrate (most)

Votes: 88 11.0%