What are your “Bragging Rights” to non-reefers?

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good friends and family often come over to the house and are rightly amazed and taken by my 180g reef and rightly so, they need my divine verbal wisdom to enlighten them on things “REEF” OR IS IT ME? who needs to tap into my inner Marine Biologist?
Confession is good for the soul.
Glenner’sreef confession:
1. Yep, these two large Goni’s or Gonioporas “we call em Goni’s” are very difficult to keep!!!
2. Yes, That’s a Tyree Neon Green Toadstool Leather. I’ll be fragging it soon into 40, 1” pieces. Easy $2000.
Let’s here em!!! :)

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much you ask? ....... See that fish over there - It puts braces on your twins. See that big blue stick thingy over there - that's plastic surgery for your girlfriend.

How much is my electric bill? --- How much is your house payment?

What's the whole thing worth? ----> What did your divorce cost you? -- Some things really are don't ask, don't tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much you ask? ....... See that fish over there - It puts braces on your twins. See that big blue stick thingy over there - that's plastic surgery for your girlfriend.

How much is my electric bill? --- How much is your house payment?

What's the whole thing worth? ----> What did your divorce cost you? -- Some things really are don't ask, don't tell.
Hilarious!!! o2 !!! But oh so true.

Last edited by a moderator:

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I tell them I built everything but the display by hand. I just open the sump doors and watch as they’re eyes go from “ I want one of these tanks” to “I don’t know what I’m looking at anymore, no way I could pull that off” then I say I thought the same way in the beginning. And most of the time if they’re still interested, I refer them to you guys here at R2R!

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Visitor - sees my mated clown fish pair in my 30G: "ooooo nemo! Hey look the bigger one is the dad Marlin and the smaller one must be Nemo. Where is Dory? Why don't you get Dory and then the tank will be perfect with your plastic rock decorations.

Me - with my $5,000 worth of live corals on a tank too small for tangs, takes a deep breath: "OK, first of alll....."

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I tell them I built everything but the display by hand. I just open the sump doors and watch as they’re eyes go from “ I want one of these tanks” to “I don’t know what I’m looking at anymore, no way I could pull that off” then I say I thought the same way in the beginning. And most of the time if they’re still interested, I refer them to you guys here at R2R!
Isn’t it ego-building when they say stuff like that? Correction: us guys, I’ve read some of your stuff!

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t it ego-building when they say stuff like that? Correction: us guys, I’ve read some of your stuff!
Kind of hard to add to that mountain but it is a solid pat on the back to this old dog

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of hard to add to that mountain but it is a solid pat on the back to this old dog
Hey, I don’t have a “R2R Excellence Award” like some people……but if I did, I might add it into my reef monologue as we huddle around the tank. Lol.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I don’t have a “R2R Excellence Award” like some people……but if I did, I might add it into my reef monologue as we huddle around the tank. Lol.
Lol And we’d drink and laugh about our trials and errors. I’m really hoping to join the reef squad one day. You might catch me walking with my chest puffed out after that one.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Visitor - sees my mated clown fish pair in my 30G: "ooooo nemo! Hey look the bigger one is the dad Marlin and the smaller one must be Nemo. Where is Dory? Why don't you get Dory and then the tank will be perfect with your plastic rock decorations.

Me - with my $5,000 worth of live corals on a tank too small for tangs, takes a deep breath: "OK, first of alll....."
“Okay first of all” funny line. I know that tone of voice. I stopped laughing, but still smiling. Thx

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back