What are your “Bragging Rights” to non-reefers?

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol And we’d drink and laugh about our trials and errors. I’m really hoping to join the reef squad one day. You might catch me walking with my chest puffed out after that one.
You got my vote! :)

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t say anyone really cares. People aren’t very good at assessing things they have absolutely zero experience with. It’s a glass box with water in it.
That’s where we have the advantage. Everyone appreciates a beautiful reef tank, and we just embellish our successes. Like Marty McFly referring to himself as Clint Eastwood.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers to that reefer, hey is that you standing with the brs team in your profile pic?
Yup, 2 years ago at Reefapalooza Anaheim. My wife and I went. Great time. Ryan and Randy begged me for a picture. :D

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See those clear little slippery looking things that seem to have hair like I used to have?

Those are aiptasia, very expensive and difficult to keep. :p

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See those clear little slippery looking things that seem to have hair like I used to have?

Those are aiptasia, very expensive and difficult to keep. :p
I can see your guests panning their eyes between your head and these small demons in utter amazement. You’ll receive a Most Vulnerable banner for your comment. :)

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Visitor - sees my mated clown fish pair in my 30G: "ooooo nemo! Hey look the bigger one is the dad Marlin and the smaller one must be Nemo. Where is Dory? Why don't you get Dory and then the tank will be perfect with your plastic rock decorations.

Me - with my $5,000 worth of live corals on a tank too small for tangs, takes a deep breath: "OK, first of alll....."
PART 2: The brag moments:

Me - breathes a sigh of relief after educating the visitor Marine biology 101: "so.. as you can see, thats alive....thats alive...thats alive.. and yes thats alive.

[Brag moments #1] me: you see that one coral? Thats $200 per head.. yes there is 10 heads.

Visitor: [some wow gibberish]

[Brag moment #2]

Me: "the water? Yeah its saltwater.....no I don't buy them, I MAKE MY OWN OCEAN"

Visitor: [some more gibberish about how clean it is]

[Brag moments #3] me: "I don't need to change water, majority of the cleaning is self sustaining bc this is a balanced micro ecosystem"

Visitor looks befuddled

Me: "come to the back and let me show you the control room"

[Final brag moment]

Visitor: "wow with all that money spent i would have gotten a dog, at least I can pet it"

Me: "sigh..." [grab a pinch of flakes] "come here Nemo..."

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PART 2: The brag moments:

Me - breathes a sigh of relief after educating the visitor Marine biology 101: "so.. as you can see, thats alive....thats alive...thats alive.. and yes thats alive.

[Brag moments #1] me: you see that one coral? Thats $200 per head.. yes there is 10 heads.

Visitor: [some wow gibberish]

[Brag moment #2]

Me: "the water? Yeah its saltwater.....no I don't buy them, I MAKE MY OWN OCEAN"

Visitor: [some more gibberish about how clean it is]

[Brag moments #3] me: "I don't need to change water, majority of the cleaning is self sustaining bc this is a balanced micro ecosystem"

Visitor looks befuddled

Me: "come to the back and let me show you the control room"

[Final brag moment]

Visitor: "wow with all that money spent i would have gotten a dog, at least I can pet it"

Me: "sigh..." [grab a pinch of flakes] "come here Nemo..."
“ I MAKE MY OWN OCEAN “ Best line so far!!!! If I can quote NowGlazeIT “EPIC” !!!!!! Lololol

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always downplay my role as an Aqua God
ZomboMeme 26092021094146.jpg

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, this this is crazy, is it expensive?
Me : what year is your car ? Lol
When you’re looking for a new level of respect from onlookers. I agree, they now think your making $150 gs.

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t say anyone really cares. People aren’t very good at assessing things they have absolutely zero experience with. It’s a glass box with water in it.
Isn't that worst! I hate when people come over and walk right past the tank only to ask as they leave for the night "is everything in there real?"...:mad:

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't that worst! I hate when people come over and walk right past the tank only to ask as they leave for the night "is everything in there real?"...:mad:
Or the causal response, “that’s cool”, from a person who can’t even top off a goldfish tank for over a year leaving it INCHES and INCHES low with a nice crusty waterline mark….

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or the causal response, “that’s cool”, from a person who can’t even top off a goldfish tank for over a year leaving it INCHES and INCHES low with a nice crusty waterline mark….

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I totally agree! Whether tongue-in-cheek humor, (which this group has mastered) or outright TRUTH and DATA (which this group has also mastered) I think we need be promoting the hobby to friends and family as a part of our amazing journey! Agreed?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 138 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back