What are your “Bragging Rights” to non-reefers?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to stay humble hearing my wife's voice in back of my head when I get too cocky and start slipping. Her favorite one liner is "told you so and that's what you get" and she's always waiting in the wings to call me out.
It does feel good when reef is healthy and clicking. The kids brag the tank and corals up by mostly sitting in fish room taking pictures and posting all over there social media when they are over.
One coral I used to brag up would probably be this poletti jb that morphed green on me.
Now I'm just waiting for it to make a few babies so I can get it out to the reefing world in case I do something dumb enough to lose it.
20210925_170821.jpg

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to stay humble hearing my wife's voice in back of my head when I get too cocky and start slipping. Her favorite one liner is "told you so and that's what you get" and she's always waiting in the wings to call me out.
It does feel good when reef is healthy and clicking. The kids brag the tank and corals up by mostly sitting in fish room taking pictures and posting all over there social media when they are over.
One coral I used to brag up would probably be this poletti jb that morphed green on me.
Now I'm just waiting for it to make a few babies so I can get it out to the reefing world in case I do something dumb enough to lose it.
20210925_170821.jpg
Spectacular Jawbreaker!!! And agreed “balance” is everything! You’re blessed.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“What you’re looking at here folks isn’t success, it’s a decade and a half of failures that landed me here”
Spot on! Humility is the very best of human attributes. It looks good on everyone! Thx.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They ask too many questions , criticize the money spent could have been spent elsewhere .
I don’t like visitors either .
I get anxious when we host events and ppl bring their kids over. We always (unsuccessfully) try to keep everyone outside for a bbq/pool party.

Since I know it ALWAYS falls, I just keep reminding all the parents how expensive it is and just a drop of contaminant will kill everything. To the kids: "do you want Nemo to die? Then don't touch. Only looking."

If it's just one family, I try to educate to see if the kids enjoy learning about the ocean. Most don't. So sad.‍

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I don’t have a “R2R Excellence Award” like some people……but if I did, I might add it into my reef monologue as we huddle around the tank. Lol.
They should make a R2R excellence award sticker to put on the tank (well maybe the sump).

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They ask too many questions , criticize the money spent could have been spent elsewhere .
I don’t like visitors either .
How old is your tank? I have an Eco-Gorg that’s 19” long. Bought it for $25, 4 years ago when it was 5” tall. I can only imagine the price for this Gorgonian now. There is a definite positive progression in this hobby that we can enjoy. I think? :)

Cjeippert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much you ask? ....... See that fish over there - It puts braces on your twins. See that big blue stick thingy over there - that's new boobs for your girlfriend.

How much is my electric bill? --- How much is your house payment?

What's the whole thing worth? ----> What did your divorce cost you? -- Some things really are don't ask, don't tell.
Yep, I thought I could have a nice tank for like $3,500. Honestly, with everything probably $15k to $20k just in first year on normal sized tank. I quit keeping track. It is a love and way of life.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank? I have an Eco-Gorg that’s 19” long. Bought it for $25, 4 years ago when it was 5” tall. I can only imagine the price for this Gorgonian now. There is a definite positive progression in this hobby that we can enjoy. I think? :)
This particular tank since the tank crash ..
close to 2 years

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should make a R2R excellence award sticker to put on the tank (well maybe the sump).
I hope the good Rev. reads your post! It’s a great idea. For every banner someone receives, we can order (and pay for) the sticker for that banner/s. I have numerous stickers on my sump from Algae Barn, aqua UV etc.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friends when I Show them photos of my reef tank ; " Are those plants under Amazon RGB lights ?!"
Also friends When I show them my storm clown fish ; "Wait.... those aren't Nemo "
Me : " ahhh where do I get started " (head shaking intensifies )

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 97 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back