What are your favorite "best Value" LED's?

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have this light, the pro version. So two of them. My tank is 21” and I have the lights the lowest they go in the mounts. Do I spy a BTA? Does it do ok with the light? What’s your settings? Right now on the daylight my whites are 75 and everything else is 100.

I also have the pro version, 2 as well. I place my BTA mid tank and it kept crawling lower and lower before dying after a month or so. I have 2 mini maxis, and 1 rock flower right now which all do well, the rock flower, being mid tank and loving it. So I would say these lights work, but place them lower and let them work up. I thought these lights wouldn't be enough for a BTA, but I was wrong. My mistake. My settings vary, I use the 12/4 and 10/4 settings on the remote(longer time for summer, less for winter), they have always worked well IMO.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just bought (link no longer available)

seems like people were excited about them when they came out, then nobody bought it so the company went out of business. so.. no warranty or fixing it if it breaks, but for $125?!

and it doesn't even require a controller or anything like that (how insane is it that some of the high end lights don't come with this)

i haven't even put it on my tank yet so who knows it might last all of a week, but for that price i'm willing to give it a shot

Last edited by a moderator:

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not super cheep but prime HD’s/16’s.
Best value for a light imo. I have 3 on a reefer 250 and for around 700.00 (no used stuff) with the mounts is cheep. I get awesome growth and not limited by what types of coral I can put in. They grow SPS just fine. Just got the new ones and for the same price they are a great improvement. It’s crazy how expensive some of the mounts are now a days too

A7DA88BD-7D6E-48A5-9CB6-92B5245B6CFF.jpeg

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReeFi Duo Extreme. These are on the higher end of budget, but they come with their own web or phone app for control, they are more powerful than Radions, and they have a 3 year warranty. They are on sale now for $650. As someone who has purchased “budget” 200 dollar Ocean Revive fixtures and had to replace them after 2 yrs, I see great value in a 3 yr warranty, as I believe it will save me money long term.

There is absolutely nothing budget friendly about these.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is absolutely nothing budget friendly about these.

Really? High performance lights that are $200+ cheaper than Radions and more powerful. 3 year warranty...
If you don’t see the value in these I suspect that you only shop for Ocean Revives, ReefBreeders, or black boxes, which is totally fine.
But I disagree that ReeFis are not a good value for a high performance light.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to add my response.
I’m a Current USA fan. I had a T5HO with CO2 on a planted high tec setup(tall too) a Few of the satellite+ fixtures, an orbit marine, and now I have the IC pro. I even had one of the older PC fixtures. They may not be the brightest (depending of course on the fixture) but they stand behind their products. They answer inquiries (trust me I’ve asked a LOT) pretty fast and are always courteous. My plants never had any complaints and Even though I’m still acclimating to the IC lights my frammer and palythoa are very pleased.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im curious about the Knockoff Kessils, I have seen them for sale but have never seen anyone use them. Anybody?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great read and timely too!

my 2cents.
I enjoy my reefbreeders phonton V2 slim and sleek, great build quality, one unit IMHO looks better opne then a bunch of smaller units.
my corals like it.

thinking of anther unit if I net to do the peninsula tank.

that said I have been looking at the noops K7II but they dont have an app but the price point is pretty good. IMHO would need a floating canopy for my use so up the price some. they do have a hybrid T5 system too.

2015GaTor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photon v2+ all the way. I bought mine after I went over to a guys house in our local reef group and was blown away at the color spectrum and power of the lights. I have a 6’ tank and bought mine new a 48 + 24 for under a thousand for Black Friday.

BlakeW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been seeing a lot of sbreef customer service issues posted on Facebook lately. Might want to keep that in mind. I was looking at order a pair of actinic bars from them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
SB Reef and Mars Aqua have worked well for me in the past

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Reefbreeders Photon V2. Probably one of the best bangs for your buck. Quality fixture at that. Easily programmed also. And great customer service! Logan is quick to respond to any questions also! Been using one for Two years with zero issues.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect RazorX. Sleek, full spectrum, great app.

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? High performance lights that are $200+ cheaper than Radions and more powerful. 3 year warranty...
If you don’t see the value in these I suspect that you only shop for Ocean Revives, ReefBreeders, or black boxes, which is totally fine.
But I disagree that ReeFis are not a good value for a high performance light.
I’m someone who is running an XR30 G4 pro over an IM lagoon 25 so price isn’t really a problem for me m. This thread however isn’t a best bang for your buck thread. The cheapest Radion is below 500 that is less expensive than Duo extreme. This is more of getting a feel for what lights would you be going for if you didn’t have the budget for lights like radions that start at the 400+ range. These lights would be categorized in the $300(upper end) and below.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m someone who is running an XR30 G4 pro over an IM lagoon 25 so price isn’t really a problem for me m. This thread however isn’t a best bang for your buck thread. The cheapest Radion is below 500 that is less expensive than Duo extreme. This is more of getting a feel for what lights would you be going for if you didn’t have the budget for lights like radions that start at the 400+ range. These lights would be categorized in the $300(upper end) and below.

Hmmmm....I'm not sure that you actually checked out the specs of the ReeFis. The Radion Xr15 has 23 LEDs for $415, while the ReeFi Duo Extreme has 72 LEDs for $650. Apples vs. oranges.
$650 is an excellent value for a Cree/Luxeon/Osram LED light, with Wifi controlability and a 3 yr warranty.
Hey, I've used Ocean Revives, but I've gotten tired of disposable lights. The ReeFis strike a good balance between performance and value, in my opinion.

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm....I'm not sure that you actually checked out the specs of the ReeFis. The Radion Xr15 has 23 LEDs for $415, while the ReeFi Duo Extreme has 72 LEDs for $650. Apples vs. oranges.
$650 is an excellent value for a Cree/Luxeon/Osram LED light, with Wifi controlability and a 3 yr warranty.
Hey, I've used Ocean Revives, but I've gotten tired of disposable lights. The ReeFis strike a good balance between performance and value, in my opinion.
Well if you consider $650 a budget light you’re probably in a tax bracket we all wish to be in.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree you cant compare a XR15 ($450) to the Dual extreme ($650) not only on the number of LED's, but also the tank coverage is double the size on the Dual compared to the XR15. Tank coverage on the Dual extreme is closer to a XR30, not a XR15. But ya $650 isn't really "affordable" for those on a budget. Comparing the Reefbreeder 24 V2+ ($399) and the Dual Extreme ( $650) and the G4 XR30 ( $850) is interesting.

NorCal Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photon V2! I have a 48 over my 75. It’s a fantastic light, easy to control, and Logan has awesome customer service.

Back