What are your favorite "best Value" LED's?

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've read through the thread and it seems like Noop and reefbreeders comes up a lot. What are there par numbers? Can they be used for a 18 or 24" tank to pretty much keep any coral?

Also... what's black box? I've seen some brands thrown around... all the same insides?

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
or 2 AI primes for about the same. guess you dont get the mounts but you do get APP.

I have a Prime on my Nuvo 20 and like it, but the two K7s will give me a bit wider spread and save me close to $100 over buying two more Primes with he same rigid mounts. $420 for two Primes + $70 for mounts = $490 total.

I also like that once I buy one controller, additional lights drop down to less than $200 “with” the mounting arm.

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RapidLED Corona $375

Euroquatics Angel A1p $199

Both are essentially Radion G4 Pro clones with very similar wattage and App based controls (independent ramp on each individual channels, same channels as Radion, similar optics).

Neither get a lot of play, but the major numbers overlap heavily (PAR, Spread, Spectrum).

Last edited:

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only Ocean Revive units you will find are new old stock from retailers who have alot left over. They've gone belly up

@Bpb That's too bad. The lights they made had a lot of potential.

You for sure can get away with 24x24 on a mixed tank under 18" tank depth. If you are 100% SPS I would agree 18x18 is what I would run or size them for.
@ScottW Do you happen to know what the wattage of the Noop K7 Pro II?

GrumpyAlison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this may not technically be what you were looking for, but it is cheap and has worked really well for me on my large quantity of small tanks.

I run the cheap lil $60 aquaknight LEDs from Amazon on all of my 10 gals and 20L tanks and they’ve been great for me. You can adjust the overall brightness of the whole light and the white and blue channels individually, but as far as I know there’s no way to ramp up and down for a day/night cycle.
Then you’d just need a little mechanical timer that has an associated app (which are way easier to find this time of year because Christmas trees). And you would have most of the functionality you want for under $100 if I read you original post correctly. And if you have multiple tanks, you can run them off the same controller with a power strip.

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReeFi Duo Extreme. These are on the higher end of budget, but they come with their own web or phone app for control, they are more powerful than Radions, and they have a 3 year warranty. They are on sale now for $650. As someone who has purchased “budget” 200 dollar Ocean Revive fixtures and had to replace them after 2 yrs, I see great value in a 3 yr warranty, as I believe it will save me money long term.

The ReeFi website says $750 where are you seeing the $650 price?

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ReeFi website says $750 where are you seeing the $650 price?

They are on sale for 650. When you purchase them the price is reduced to 650. Check with ReeFi if you want to be sure, but I am 100% certain they are still on sale, as I spoke with the owner a few days ago. It’s called the ReeFi Love discount.

Osidedude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a new build and wanted something that did not cost an arm or a leg and found these...
Bozily 300W LED lights for my temporary tanks. They have a lot of features that the expensive lights offer but cost under $125. I am going with Radions on the new build but admit these lights are pretty good!

20191008_192924 (1).jpg

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just pulled the trigger on 4 @Red Sea 50's for two 4' frag tanks. @Bulk Reef Supply has them running now on sale for about $200 each. Amazing price for a frag tank light fixture that covers 2' x 2'. RedSea is a well known name and not a lower budget style name but has somehow made a LED that is budget friendly and will grow corals out of the box so I had to try them on the frag system. I have not seen many budget style LED's that will cover 4' X 2' for under $400 so I am gong to give them a try and see. I will put these on LPS and sofies and if they do well will try the 90's in the future on the SPS. I have been waiting for this light to be available for some time and the 90's normally run $350 but are on sale for about $300 right now. I have not seen any reviews on the 50's not sure why but it seems like everyone is stuck on reviewing the 90's. With the sale I decided to give them a go and see how they grow corals. I will post some PAR readings and input once I get them set up on the systems.

Last edited:

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Prime on my Nuvo 20 and like it, but the two K7s will give me a bit wider spread and save me close to $100 over buying two more Primes with he same rigid mounts. $420 for two Primes + $70 for mounts = $490 total.

I also like that once I buy one controller, additional lights drop down to less than $200 “with” the mounting arm.

yeah dont get me wrong I am thinking of 3 myself. :D
I hear a BF sale is coming...

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My take is probably different from what the you're looking for, but my answer is actually Radion for sps tank, or AI Prime for lps tank.

My philosophy here is, the cheapest light is the one you won't need to replace for the next 10 years. My journey of LED was, blackbox, to Nanobox reef, to Maxspect Ethereal, to Radion. All the money I spent on the previous lights, are eventually loss. What's worst, there are also cost of many livestock, and cost of opportunities and headaches for several years. All those sum up out price the radion by a good margin.

I always say that, if want cheap light, go Amazon T5 VHO shop light fixture with ATI bulb. Otherwise get a really good and proven LED, like radion.

There are some ones are a bit cheaper, like maxspect razors. But most are either trading lower price for less power density, or lower power per unit. At the end of day to provide enough for sps need, the cost are within 10+% difference. That's not includes the value of software either.

The one I'm most looking forwards is Philips Coral Care new model. It's not for sale yet so I don't know the price, but the previous model are more than 30% cheaper than Radion in UK.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the price I really like the coralbox moon LED’s, completely controllable via available app and they come with all necessary hardware including goose neck and hanging cable mounting options.

reefbreeders currently has them on sale for $189..

CA42E09C-BBDA-48AA-AF5F-4D1D414E38BC.jpeg
479425F9-210B-4104-A80F-E87353F58A72.jpeg
E5AAF72F-B65F-4945-9A48-C33DCEEA3137.jpeg

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK - black Friday has begun/announced: Noopsync's are 15% off and Reefbreeders are 10% off. So for my 60 inch long x 24 front to back x 24 deep, 150 gallon mixed reef I am looking at:

Option #1) 4 K7 pro II's with one controller = $677 - 15%= $575. Each K7 is 95 watts each = 380 total max watts and comes with a 1 year warranty.

Option #2) Reefbreeder photon 50 V2+ = $715 -10% - $50 coupon= $595. The fixture says max wattage is 240 and it has a 2 year warranty with shipping covered both ways on them.

Of note: neither option has wifi programming, both have free shipping, the K7's are more versitile if someday I decide to switch tank setup, the photon will be much easier to program = only one fixture.

********opinions wanted****************

Last edited:

Scolymite Is My Name

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been kind of a cheapo when it comes to light. Started with Current USA, looked nice but corals grew real slow, updated to two AI primes since they’re relatively cheap and corals grow great (saxby settings).

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK - black Friday has begun/announced: Noopsync's are 15% off and Reefbreeders are 10% off. So for my 60 inch long x 24 front to back x 24 deep, 150 gallon mixed reef I am looking at:

Option #1) 4 K7 pro II's with one controller = $677 - 15%= $560. Each K7 is 95 watts each = 380 total max watts and comes with a 1 year warranty - so far I do not see a coupon code on the website.

Option #2) Reefbreeder photon 50 V2+ = $715 -10%= $645. The fixture says max wattage is 240 and it has a 2 year warranty with shipping covered both ways on them.

Of note: neither option has wifi programming, both have free shipping, the K7's are more versitile if someday I decide to switch tank setup, the photon will be much easier to program = only one fixture.

********opinions wanted****************

Reefbreeders has a coupon in addition to the 10% off. I saved an additional $50 on top of my purchase

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the coupon?- I thought you could not combine.

Edit: Your right SliceGolfer - so now my cart is $593 for the Photon 50 V2+ - that is a good deal. I finally got the code correct for the Noopsynce and now that cart is correct at the $575. Confirmed free shipping on both. will pull the trigger on one of these today or tomorrrow.

Last edited:

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the coupon?- I thought you could not combine.

You can’t combine coupons, i.e. the $50 and $75 together. I ordered a 32” V2+ last night and got 10% off and an additional $50 with coupon, bringing my purchase to $479.

Back