What are your favorite Brightwell Aquatic products?

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your favorite Brightwell Aquatics products that you either dose regularly or use to combat tank problems?

I use ChaetoGro, NeoPhos, and NeoNitro regularly. I will be starting to dose MicroBacter7 regularly as well. I would highly recommend these to anyone!

I'm curious if anyone has found success with any of their other products (additives, biomedia, etc.)

atomos

52 32 52 20 52 6f 63 6b 73
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From time to time, I'll interchangeably use either Lugol's, Koral Recover, Koral MD, and FragRecover.
I like using (when it's needed): MicroBacter7, MicroBacter Clean, Razor Marine and ChaetoGro

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the food additives (the hufa/omega 3 stuff), chaetogro, neophos, neonitro, and coral aminos. I I also like their macrovore food for corals and anemones (and small fish). I don't necessarily use all of these now, but I would recommend them to others from my experience.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Lugol's, MB7, NeoPhos/Nitro, ChaetoGro, Ferrion. Curious to try out their: Calcion, Magnesion, and Alk8.3 products, or know from others who have tried these if they are worth getting(i currently use RedSea ABC).

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your favorite Brightwell Aquatics products that you either dose regularly or use to combat tank problems?

I use ChaetoGro, NeoPhos, and NeoNitro regularly. I will be starting to dose MicroBacter7 regularly as well. I would highly recommend these to anyone!

I'm curious if anyone has found success with any of their other products (additives, biomedia, etc.)

You opened a can of worms...

Some of the Brightwell products simply cannot do what they claim.

Poster child of this problem is Boost pH+

"Boost pH+ High Range pH Increaser, raises pH only without increasing alkalinity or calcium (in tanks already having a proper dKH)"

Remarkably, from the same page:

"Warning: Contains caustic sodium and potassium hydroxides in a proprietary base"

Well duh, hydroxide raises pH and alkalinity. It is the alk component of kalkwasser.

Brightwell even sells kalkwasser (calcium hydroxide). And they claim it adds alkalinity.
"Provides temporary alkalinity and helps maintain pH within the desired range when used as directed."

So in one product they sell hydroxide that does not add alkalinity, and in a second product they sell hydroxide that does add alkalinity.

"Formulated by a marine scientist." lol

Note to all, even marine scientists: hydroxide adds alkalinity, and there is nothing temporary about it. No product can be added to a reef tank that raises pH and does not increase alkalinity. The ONLY way to do that is remove CO2 from the water.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back