What are your favorite gobies/blennies? Show 'em off and tell us why you love them!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess if I was going back before my blenny decides to nip SPS I would have probably said Escenius lineatus. I’m so close to giving up on blennies and sticking to gobies as so far most of the blennies I’ve owned have nipped coral. The only model citizen I had was a bicolor blenny.

I went in after either a Bimaculatus blenny, Ember blenny, Starry blenny or a Tailspot blenny. They had none of them. So I picked up the linear as I had horrible algae issues (Surprise surprise, he didn’t do anything towards it, maybe one or two nips but other than that nothing). My hectors goby may aswell be a blenny at the point, he has done a ton in terms of algae control and still managed to show an excellent personality. The blenny just sits around munchin film algae and my remaining SPS.
42B8D5AB-4DF5-444E-B482-E1EA67896123.jpeg

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love saying the word "gobie", its just fun to say. Love everything about Gobies!

My watchman! He's cool with my clowns and to an extent is cool with my other gobies. He was my very first fish and watching videos of them pair with pistol shrimps is a huge part of why I got into the hobby. Absolutely love em, its always funny to watch him puff up and tell the other gobies they're too close to his home lol.
GrumpyKing.jpg
FriendsStickTogether.jpg
SquadGoals.jpg

My Citron Goby! He quickly became one of my favorites, he loves to perch all over the place and loves to get his picture taken. Swims with my clowns, will perch next to my mandarin and watch them peck at rocks and is just a very cool fish. I get that they like to nip slime from SPS and whatnot but that's what the due in the wild so I don't care, I'm happy he can live a somewhat "normal" life.
PXL_20211204_215626845.jpg
Dinos.jpg

My sweet Mandarin! She's adorable, not much more to say. Watching her hunt down pods and swim with such elegance is always a treat. Beautiful colors, beautiful fish.
dinos2.jpg

P.S I HATE DINOS

Grandamber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a bigger tank years ago, I had a Midas blenny (Benny the blenny lol). He was the best fish I have ever had. I just started up a fluval Evo 13.5 and was wondering if it's possible to get a Midas?

I'm willing to limit the amount of fish to have one. Basically just him and a clown but I obviously care more about the well being of the fish.

Has anyone had success with this?

arnoldndana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's going to be my Bicolor Blenny. Lenny the Blenny. Hes the only fish in my tank with an actual personality. He keeps my rocks clean and tries his hardest to not let any food hit the sand. Hes so awesome that even my clown is trying to mate with him ‍♀️
I had had a bicolor and a black sailfin blenny and loved both of them

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old engineer goby. Who I unfortunately lost to a velvet outbreak. I have since got a new one after a fallow period. But he is a juvenile and isn't as fancy looking yet. Then my old man lawnmower. He loves to people watch lol

Screenshot_20220425-154311_Gallery.jpg

FB_IMG_1650915975836.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gobies have changed ever so slightly and now 3 of the ones I own are tied for first place!
The winner is still my D. griessingeri and he will most likely be my all time favourite fish. Here’s a photo I took of him when he was scouring the rockwork for pods (I saw him pecking a few pods), still nice and fat as always!
8A8A5F9F-EF4A-4AF4-927E-55BCA2685B4F.jpeg

Although not two different species they are a pair of I believe Trimma tevegae (Still working on getting a full ID on them as I’m not completely sure if they’re the true species). I actually got these as a washed out pair of Trimma gobies but the store wasn’t able to ID them and as I knew I have plenty of experience with difficult fish to keep I figured I’d take on the challenge and get them to colour up a bit.
D6DB0221-D9ED-4183-B9E0-579B58EF2AF5.jpeg
4AA4D030-C566-4A6F-A645-60AAD07406A6.jpeg
7BD715F6-ECBE-42A2-A61E-FF4A7773A698.jpeg

If I ever manage to get a pair of my dream Eviota species (Eviota brahmi) then I will most likely put both pairs of Trimma & Eviota as one species instead of have 5 fish tied for first place.

I really recommend Trimma to anyone with a reef tank! Especially if you have SPS as the dead spots will most likely be in between acropora branches and these guys really enjoy low flow areas so it would be a fun one to watch them dart between coral branches.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black Clown Goby

10-03-02_black_goby_perching.jpg
Is that your specimen?
They are stunning for sure - I own a Gobiodon acicularis (It was hell trying to ID it) and he goes pitch black in the day. He gives me more reasons to build my SPS collection - He loves my “purple” stylo.

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that your specimen?
They are stunning for sure - I own a Gobiodon acicularis (It was hell trying to ID it) and he goes pitch black in the day. He gives me more reasons to build my SPS collection - He loves my “purple” stylo.
Yes from many years ago. He/she was awesome!

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back