What are your favorite inverts to watch in your tank?

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fighting conch is by far my favorite particularly if he is cruising around near or on the bottom of the glass. Really anytime I can see his eyes out he is fun to watch.

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after thinking long and hard (which usually gets me into trouble), i'd have to say that my cucumbers are the most fascinating to me ... partly cuz they strike me as so primeval (think ancient precambrian seas). i have a tiger tail and a black sea cucumber. i get a little mesmerized watching them sift sand into their mouths.

i'd love to get an emperor shrimp some time in the future to pair up with either of them.

my sea hair and lettuce sea slugs are close seconds.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bonded pair of cleaner shrimp.

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 10.01.34 AM.png

OP
OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after thinking long and hard (which usually gets me into trouble), i'd have to say that my cucumbers are the most fascinating to me ... partly cuz they strike me as so primeval (think ancient precambrian seas). i have a tiger tail and a black sea cucumber. i get a little mesmerized watching them sift sand into their mouths.

i'd love to get an emperor shrimp some time in the future to pair up with either of them.

I would love to see some pictures!

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Micro brittle stars or my Halloween crab. Love that little Halloween, do peaceful. He does grab snails or crabs and hold them while picking at the algae on the shells.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones are my favorite, but for more "live" for lack of a better word, creatures, I like watching my Green Brittle Star most, I named it Davy Jones LOL. I like how mine uses rocks to climb the glass, looks really cool IMO. My third favorite is my diamond goby as its fun to watch it build its forts.

brittle star2.jpg
brittle star.jpg

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol i forgot that i picked up only recently a pink & yellow sea cucumber as well (Pentacta anceps)

1574745591574.jpeg

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow watchman goby when my evil tailspot tries to bully him. Opens his mouth as wide as it goes to defend himself.

Bret Brinkmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Got pictures of the slugs and hare? Huge fan of them. I got an E.crispata over a year ago. It was the biggest I'd ever seen. I month after being in my tank my wife saw eggs it had laid. The seaslug was the size of one of my fingers. I got 15 babies at least. Only 2 are left now and are about 2+ inches long. I went to the same place I bought the parent from last week and they now have 3 E.crispatas each the size of a pickle! Never knew they could get that big.

Now looking into the velvet nudibrach C.varians. I have an extensive red flatworm population that I intentionally am not getting rid of so I can effectively keep one.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back