What are your favorite inverts to watch in your tank?

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know what your favorite inverts that are in your tanks. Please feel free to provide pictures!!. My favorite is my cleaner shrimp. It is super fun to watch! I will upload a picture later.

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dig the tuxedo urchin. he's always in a new, random place doing something or another. its kinda fun to look up & down trying to find him and then seeing it in the whackiest spot you can imagine.

My emerald crab is pretty funny too. he's out about half the time and he always seems like he's scheming.

OP
OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dig the tuxedo urchin. he's always in a new, random place doing something or another. its kinda fun to look up & down trying to find him and then seeing it in the whackiest spot you can imagine.

My emerald crab is pretty funny too. he's out about half the time and he always seems like he's scheming.
I loved watching my emerald crab until he decided he liked eating my duncan.

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
emerald crab

he got a new hat
new hat.jpg

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Sally light foot crab and a cleaner shrimp. They’re both fun to watch. I want other inverts too but just ain’t got em yet.

Glue everything down like a times-square bodega, and get an urchin..... you won’t regret it.

Bret Brinkmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20191103_100300.jpg

My Elysia crispata seaslugs. Those 2 are everywhere. Always reaching for the next piece of macro. I'm hoping to get a video of them eating on day. Had them for over a year now never saw them eat. I know they are because they would start shriveling up in about 3 months otherwise.

They are the last 2 of somewhere between 15-17 of a brood. I believe I lost most of to at least one predatory bristle worm and possibly Mg poisoning. I know Mg above 1500 ppm can be toxic to snails so I'm guessing the same is true for seaslugs.

Their parent was the largest I'd ever seen. The body was about as big around as a finger, larger if you take the ruffly parapoidia into account. Just got the one, but it was preggers. Wife saw the egg spiral and about a month later tiny little E.crispatas started popping up. I'm considering doing a species tank around them.

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fighting conch is a blast. Normally he is at the bottom of the tank, under the sand and all you can see are his eyes and his trunk because he can't be bothered to actually move from where he is lol.

And when he does decide to wander around, he gets in places that I would not expect. I have seriously seen him somehow climb to right under the highest rock of my tank, as well as seen him climb another rock on it's nearly vertical side, despite it being three times higher then he is long.

And it is always funny to watch him get angry at something and send it flying, usually one of my hermits or my turbo snail. I walked out of my room one morning on my wait out to go to work, and all I see is something being flung from one end of the tank to the other. It was Turbo. I had to dip my arm in real quick to flip him over because he landed on his back out of reach of any surface that he could grab onto to fix himself. All because he climbed on top of Jean-Conch Van Damme over here.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know what your favorite inverts that are in your tanks. Please feel free to provide pictures!!. My favorite is my cleaner shrimp. It is super fun to watch! I will upload a picture later.

My conch and this huge crab, not sure what kind of crab he is but he's rather large. Dude can make a lap around my tank in about 2-3 minutes.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back