What are your favorite reef restoration and coral conservation organizations? Post the link to their sites and info about them here!

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mote Marine Laboratory! They have a coral restoration lab in the keys.

They get my vote too. Here's a link to their coral restoration website. There's a button in the top right to c lick on for donations. Horneman Muesum is also worth mentioning, thier link is in my signature.

Mark Romero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Coral Restoration Foundation out of Florida. They do a lot of work restoring reefs, providing education, etc. They can be found here! https://www.coralrestoration.org/
Great organization to learn about Coral Restoration, especially if you are a scuba diver! Learned much from them over the past three years and was the inspiration for getting into aquaria!

Gabriel Suarez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Restoration Foundation in the Florida Keys. YES!! I am from the keys and their main building is 1/2 a mile from me. They are now expanding into more northern waters and do lots of work with the local high schools to reach out and teach people about the importance of our corals. Living in the keys I have seen the decline in our reef system, especially in the past 15 years. They are doing everything they can to minimize the damage and hopefully, with support and funding, they can start rebuilding the reef system off of the Florida shores.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dove on a few of their restoration projects. This was on Mustique in the Caribbean.
Little hair algae problem, I think they should change the water and see if that helps. :rolleyes:

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the image of the giant coral frag plug. Would love to see it with corals grown out to see what was put on it! I believe we should restore, or strengthen both coral habitats and fish as well. Good causes.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is such a great thread! I'll be following it for sure!
I would also be interested if there were some that R2R supported or became affiliated with!
Let's keep up the good work and conservation conscious reefing!

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though not reef specific, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned The Ocean Cleanup

https://theoceancleanup.com/

I was going to mention them as well. Most of the press about them lately is their bigger oceanic systems, but I think the work they are doing on river cleanups is just as important.

Stevel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in South Florida and have met the folks at coral restoration and seen their results in person . I donate to them every year. It truly is an amazing job they are doing!

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I noticed this, I went back and pulled a thread I started back in August.

For anyone using Amazon you can have Amazon give back a small portion to charity (not just to marine charities) with every purchase you make.

Mystery Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11/9/21 bonus entry:
The Reef Institute is an organization right here in my home state. The Florida Coral Rescur Project sounds incredible. I will be looking into it further. Thank you.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should try to find a partnership with ornamental fisheries from Hawaii! Work to reopen the state safely

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 103 86.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back