What are your favorite zoas? I'm getting a zoa garden going.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got a zoa garden started with a few frags already. I've got sunny Ds and utter chaos and a couple of others in there already. What are some others you think I should include? I'm already thinking rastas and scrambled eggs...

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunny D and Utter Chaos take care of orange, and yellow. For red I would go with bowser/candy apple red or hyper pheonix. Green has to be Queen Strats but a brighter green would be Desert Star or Frozen Apple. Blue would definitely go to AOI, vamps in drag, or blue lagoon. Purple has to go to bubblicious, purple nebula, or lilac wine. My pink favorites are undoubtedly Chucky’s bride but pink kraks or pink hippos are great cheaper alternatives.

IMO, every zoa garden can always use more yellow (since its hard to find other yellow corals) and my favorite is definitely CK Bitcoin with Pikachus/Tweety Bird in close second.

Are you looking to focus on a specific color for your garden? Do you prefer large, normal, or small zoas? What’s your budget? It all plays a part in what makes a good recommendation for you :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back