What are your plans for the holidays?

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Live vicariously through all my friends on R2R and my wife whom is at home. She will be visiting family like we usually do so I'll still say hello to everyone. I suppose I'll eat my fair share, however its just not the same as grandmas food here in the sandbox.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
My family kicks off Christmas by going to Christmas markets and eating great food - reindeer hotdogs, German pork knuckle, mulled wine and much more. Then we have lots of gatherings with friends and eat and drink. It culminates with an overnight visit by Santa for the kids and we have friends and family over to watch movies, talk and eat and drink until the day is over. I love Christmas!!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
I try to stay low key, but it doesn’t always work out that way. You know how it goes, you never know when you’re going to get caught on a random ice flow or end up navigating a blimp, right @Hermey?!? I do stay with my healthy eating habits, but I’m not sure whether or not I eat more than your weight in food (unless of course you’re willing to share your weight ;)). You may be please to know that to this day I have always left milk and cookies for Santa and the last few years I have also left carrots for the reindeer (true story!).

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Live vicariously through all my friends on R2R and my wife whom is at home. She will be visiting family like we usually do so I'll still say hello to everyone. I suppose I'll eat my fair share, however its just not the same as grandmas food here in the sandbox.

Are you saying that MRE's are as good as Home Cooking?!?!?
Thank you so very much for your service and I hope all the holiday wishes let you know how much what you do is apprecieated.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
I try to stay low key, but it doesn’t always work out that way. You know how it goes, you never know when you’re going to get caught on a random ice flow or end up navigating a blimp, right @Hermey?!? I do stay with my healthy eating habits, but I’m not sure whether or not I eat more than your weight in food (unless of course you’re willing to share your weight ;)). You may be please to know that to this day I have always left milk and cookies for Santa and the last few years I have also left carrots for the reindeer (true story!).
When we were young and left things out for santa and the reindeer Santa would always leave us a piece of his beard (aka torn up cotton ball) As a kid it never occurred to me that he would be beardless by the end of the night. I wonder now how that works @Santa Claus?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
When we were young and left things out for santa and the reindeer Santa would always leave us a piece of his beard (aka torn up cotton ball) As a kid it never occurred to me that he would be beardless by the end of the night. I wonder now how that works @Santa Claus?

No worries! He didn’t do that for everyone, but he did always take the time to write a thank you note. :)

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have 4 kids and 13 grand kids. So Christmas gets pretty exciting at my house. My oldest son will be deployed this year (Navy), and we're trying to get his fiance and her son to come. We're a little afraid the crowd will scare them off. :confused:

I feel your pain. I've spent plenty of time in the sandbox, including one less than Merry Christmas. Do all of us a favor. Keep your head down and your spirits up. We'll be thinking of you and your family.

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah he never brings us any back. Doesnt travel well he claims.
Don't believe everything Hermey says... He got a nice bag of chocolate chip cookies last year that I brought him back... I also gave him a summer sausage someone left me once...still not sure what that was about. He's just bitter that I don't share my eggnog with him.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Don't believe everything Hermey says... He got a nice bag of chocolate chip cookies last year that I brought him back... I also gave him a summer sausage someone left me once...still not sure what that was about. He's just bitter that I don't share my eggnog with him.

Easy there big guy! Don't go hating on the elvers (which oddly enough is also the name of pre-juvenile eels)!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Nothing but love for little Hermey! :) After all, he keeps all our teeth healthy around the North Pole!

That's awesome!!! So, like, does he do the reindeer's teeth too? ;Wideyed

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Are you saying that MRE's are as good as Home Cooking?!?!?
Thank you so very much for your service and I hope all the holiday wishes let you know how much what you do is apprecieated.
One could only wish an MRE could taste like anything delicious! Although they have come a long way over the years.

I have 4 kids and 13 grand kids. So Christmas gets pretty exciting at my house. My oldest son will be deployed this year (Navy), and we're trying to get his fiance and her son to come. We're a little afraid the crowd will scare them off. :confused:

I feel your pain. I've spent plenty of time in the sandbox, including one less than Merry Christmas. Do all of us a favor. Keep your head down and your spirits up. We'll be thinking of you and your family.
I always do, thank you!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Dasher took part of my pinky finger last year
Yikes!! That's almost as bad as the toe I lost to the lawnmower o_O

I usually go to my parents house for supper and gift exchanges, and then the next day my in laws for lunch and gift exchange. Fun times :)

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yikes!! That's almost as bad as the toe I lost to the lawnmower o_O

I usually go to my parents house for supper and gift exchanges, and then the next day my in laws for lunch and gift exchange. Fun times :)
If I get you for SS im totally sending you a glittery peg toe ;Hilarious

*edit* I'm sorry if you really lost your toe! :(

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
I cook for my family and extended family on Christmas Day. We do eat a lot but we actually DRINK more than our weight. I have a very happy family...:p
I love cooking lots of stuff for Christmas. Our friends and family become gluttons for a day. Drinks are never in short supply either. Seems we have a similar routine. :p

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 8.3%
Back