What are your tips for creating depth in an aquascape?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let's talk about tips specifically for creating depth in an aquascape! I know that's my biggest challenge. What have you all found to be helpful?

Here's a beautiful example!
7.jpeg

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shade. I've noticed that if a large patch of the bottom is shaded, it will add a great deal of depth. Canyons between the rock and a sloping sandbed also help.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I intend to go minimalist with my third tank ( 65 ). Less rock ( 5-6 )and small fish only ( schooling ). Keep the bio load light. No overly bright coral . Perfect example by Aquariums by design on you tube

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing comes up by that name. Aquariums by Design? Is that the name of the YouTube poster? Interested in seeing it.
Sorry look up Reef Builders, and search for video it actually is Aquarium Design Group

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least two islands with the canyon between really help. If you can see all the way around all the better. To me looks much more natural and pleasing to the eye. So many tanks have the rocks piled against the back glass from one side to the other bleacher style. Not the best look.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back