What BIG equipment purchase will you have in 2021?

BRS

Will you have a BIG equipment purchase in 2021?

• YES

Votes: 239 47.8%
  • NO

Votes: 129 25.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 125 25.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

CMMorgan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
O! I need to know MORE about those casters! I just posted they would be the ONLY thing missing from having the tanks be PERFECT! Please do tell!!
Footmaster Ratcheting Leveling Casters
There is a smaller size that is rated at 600# per caster but it is like $2.00 less. 1100# each may be overkill but I figure this is one area that you can't overengineer. I would rather design it to hold the weight of a Sherman tank and have it roll like butter. We are not getting any younger, my friends.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Spent over $15,000 in big purchases for my new 365G Reef Aquarium in 2020 - most purchases were made on Black Friday. Thank you BRS and MD. Only three big items left to buy to complete the build-out:
1. RED DRAGON 3 SPEEDY PUMP 100 WATT (3100 GPH) - ROYAL EXCLUSIV which will be used as my feeder circulation pump to Carbon Reactor, Chiller and UV Light
2. SMART HIGH OUTPUT UV 80 WATT - PENTAIR AQUATICS
3. 400 lbs of Rock - still deciding between live rock or dry rock. Been debating this decision for weeks.

Kclizzy

View Badges
Reaction score
lighting upgrades. finally have the confidence to try sps after 7 years with lps. Now I'm on the information hunt

NanoReefLovers

View Badges
Reaction score
I didn’t think I would get one but with the store credit I had and being a gear and control junky... I got the Neptune Apex Dissolved Oxygen Probe.

I love this hobby and wanted one. I am also studying water parameters, reading all I can, and this is just a fun way to make observations a bit more clear.

DIAZ REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Setting up my next setup after 3+ Years without one. It’s taken me this long because 1) I got married, 2) I bought a new house, 3) had to sell the old house, 4) my new tank has been in the shed for over a year because of COVID. I’m more than ready to get going again.
Congrats, congrats and CONGRATS!

MickeyR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I want to get a fiji 20 sump limited on size and seems like a good fit, build out a frag tank area, water change station in my garage, lets see.

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
As reef hobbyists part of the fun of aquariums is the equipment and cool gadgets! We all have wish lists and items we want to purchase but sometimes we have to wait and save or for some other reason just wait. With that in mind let's talk about what that BIG purchase for 2021 will be!

1. What BIG equipment purchase will you have in 2021?

2. Why did you wait until this year to make the purchase?

image via the_cros
882F841F-20E4-4F9B-9A57-CDB1347EC838.jpeg
@revhtree , you can send me the apex if your feeling like a giving mood is coming on...

BRS

So what do you think about running carbon as a filter for your aquariums?

• Underrated

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • Overrated

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • Just Right

Votes: 88 69.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
SP