What BIG equipment purchase will you have in 2021?

Will you have a BIG equipment purchase in 2021?

• YES

Votes: 244 48.3%
  • NO

Votes: 129 25.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 125 24.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As reef hobbyists part of the fun of aquariums is the equipment and cool gadgets! We all have wish lists and items we want to purchase but sometimes we have to wait and save or for some other reason just wait. With that in mind let's talk about what that BIG purchase for 2021 will be!

1. What BIG equipment purchase will you have in 2021?

2. Why did you wait until this year to make the purchase?

image via the_cros
882F841F-20E4-4F9B-9A57-CDB1347EC838.jpeg

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to add a kalk reactor or kalk dosing pump.

Hopefully nothing major. But if I do win the lottery, I'll be hitting up reef savy for a custom tank

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully, I'm pretty well set. I would like to set up a Fish Only tank using a 60 long I have. But I have other winter projects (paint, drywall, etc..) that are more of a priority. My 2 display tanks are pretty much on cruise control and this was one of the most "budget friendly Black Friday @ BRS" years I've had in a LONG time...

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank arrives in ~3 weeks (thankfully paid for). The original AI lights I planned to repurpose have picked an icky time to circle the drain. Looks like I'm biting the bullet to get two more Kessil A360X fixtures (total of 3). That is going to hit the build budget, so we'll be skipping the UV for now. We're also investing in high end leveling casters, so we'll be able to actually roll the tank away from the wall if we need to access the back of the tank to do any extensive plumbing modifications in the future.
Still need to order live sand, all of the plumbing parts, and build the stand. With Tampa Bay Saltwater shutting down, I'm giving up on adding additional live rock. I'll just put those dollars into more livestock.
Throwing Money GIF by memecandy

Detour

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump on my 10+ year old skimmer died end of 2020. It was the noisiest piece of equipment in my stand - that is in the main living area of the house. So, although I could have gotten another pump option (ReefDynamics isn't making pumps anymore, or the skimmer) - I used this opportunity to get a quieter skimmer.

Which has to share the same compartment as my return pump in my current sump and doesn't quite fit....

So, started the domino affect... New sump.

And as long as I'm redoing plumbing for the new sump, let's bring back online GFO and carbon reactors, let's add a 10 gallon ATO reservoir that matches the sump, and order a custom made add on cabinet for the Neptune gear so that I can move the gear out of the stand (to have room for the 10 gallon reservoir instead of the 5 gallon).

And Neptune... on sale for Black Friday.... Well, I'm planning on redoing plumbing, so let's upgrade the return pump to a COR 20 and throw in an FMM and 1" meter for the return and a float for the water level in the. new ATO....

And did I mention that I own a DDR and DOS that I never made the switch from kalk to 2-part? Let's get the Trident and another DOS/DDR and plan to go Triton....

And yes, the new plumbing just might be orange... lol.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to do Bulk Reef Supply dream bundle for the Apex this way I have the dose and the water analyzer along with everything else needed unless @revtree wants to donate one for me for free. I put all my partner tickets in the 1 apex bucket luck wasn't on my side...

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
toying with another in wall. 80/100 high.
waiting to see how work plays out. (up for sale)
waiting to see how the country plays out. :cool:

KevPool

Blue-Collar Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights lights and lights that will be my next big addition to the new system. I'm at a crossroad between Kessil and AI my first thoughts were I really like Kessil so I was going to use a 360 on the cube and two 180's on the wall tank, now I am kind of leaning towards AI having a hydra on the cube and two primes for the wall tank. The biggest part that is swaying me over to AI is the controller from Kessil being all hardwired vs the ease of an App for the AI.

Basementreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m flirting with a Vectra S2 and the Ecotech battery backup atm. Maybe the ph meter from Reef Factory and probably an additional MP10. Don’t know what to go first with cause everything works alright for now.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back