What BIG equipment purchase will you have in 2021?

Will you have a BIG equipment purchase in 2021?

• YES

Votes: 244 48.3%
  • NO

Votes: 129 25.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 125 24.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered a new tank, skimmer, return pump, and other random accessories.

Possibly considering a RODI system later in the year

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will most likely purchase a second Apex because I am thinking with my monster 1100 gal tank have 2 running separate heaters and pumps will give me an extra layer of security.

Oh yea and a lot of cool fish I have 1100 gallons to fill up.
IMG_3667.JPG

Last edited:

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 gen 4 xr30 pros
2016 apex
Mp10

all for awesome nano build
7009C4E9-C0C6-4D15-93BD-C10E3EC33BE1.jpeg
I bet you love the 100 MM MACRO lens!

I got mine a year ago and now the exact same model is $400 more usually never see that with electronics lol

but nice that’s going to be an epic tank with 2 XR-30s the light the corals
Going sps frag tank?

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully a bigger tank
Man I have literally about 6-7k in reefing equipment and my tank is a cheap dollar per gallon tank I got from petco lol

my next upgrade is a bigger and better tank for sure!

just won that 4th DOS from Derrick Picker with Reef Automation. Again thanks man. Literally hooking it up now
90F04803-C8DA-4206-92C4-1D4225383FB8.jpeg

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I have literally about 6-7k in reefing equipment and my tank is a cheap dollar per gallon tank I got from petco lol

my next upgrade is a bigger and better tank for sure!
90F04803-C8DA-4206-92C4-1D4225383FB8.jpeg
I’m not far behind you, I am looking to go over the 200 gallon mark. I figure if I’m going to burn money I might as well do it right ;)

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not far behind you, I am looking to go over the 200 gallon mark. I figure if I’m going to burn money I might as well do it right ;)
Man that’s exactly what I’m thinking too

I’ve been eyeing those cade aquriaums but I’m waiting till we move again.
just got done recently moving and i knew we wouldnt stay here long so I didn’t want to go too big. But I did upgrade from a smaller cube on this move....felt like an idiot though when I found out the glass on this one was tempered, so I pray everyday that Tom doesn’t fail and my tank overflow all over my equipment.... that would suck.

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet you love the 100 MM MACRO lens!

I got mine a year ago and now the exact same model is $400 more usually never see that with electronics lol

but nice that’s going to be an epic tank with 2 XR-30s the light the corals
Going sps frag tank?

The 100mm macro is just awesome!! Haha I bought it brand new I think around $900 if I’m not mistaken. Have no idea what they cost nowadays but I do know they retain their value extremely well. So I had no idea they went up in value. That’s crazy!!!

yeah the lighting was a little much but I really wanted to make sure I had great spread without feeling like I need to hang xr15’s higher and to not put t5’s bc this tank is about functionality but also making sure I keep an aesthetic that I like.

it’ll most likely be an sps display not so much a frag tank. But the build is going to be fully documented on its separate thread.

Thank you though! I’m definitely excited about this one.

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 100mm macro is just awesome!! Haha I bought it brand new I think around $900 if I’m not mistaken. Have no idea what they cost nowadays but I do know they retain their value extremely well. So I had no idea they went up in value. That’s crazy!!!

yeah the lighting was a little much but I really wanted to make sure I had great spread without feeling like I need to hang xr15’s higher and to not put t5’s bc this tank is about functionality but also making sure I keep an aesthetic that I like.

it’ll most likely be an sps display not so much a frag tank. But the build is going to be fully documented on its separate thread.

Thank you though! I’m definitely excited about this one.
Yeah I got it for 900 as well but I saw the lens at Best Buy and B&H the other day for 1299

but super cool I’ll be sure to follow it :)

MarsWulf5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UV sterilizer. I didnt know I had any ich at all... Until last night I saw a single cyst on my black clown. Going fallow is not an option at this stage of the game.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will most likely purchase a second Apex because I am thinking with my monster 1100 gal tank have 2 running separate heaters and pumps will give me an extra layer of security.

Oh yea and a lot of cool fish I have 1100 gallons to fill up.
IMG_3667.JPG
You sir need therapy. Joke! Love it! :)

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I got it for 900 as well but I saw the lens at Best Buy and B&H the other day for 1299

but super cool I’ll be sure to follow it :)
I had no idea! Very interesting that they went up like that in price. Thank you!!

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new custom AFR GEO sump has been ordered for my 7226. Adding a UV sterilizer and a second chamber on my CaRx.

hizbaby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank arrives in ~3 weeks (thankfully paid for). The original AI lights I planned to repurpose have picked an icky time to circle the drain. Looks like I'm biting the bullet to get two more Kessil A360X fixtures (total of 3). That is going to hit the build budget, so we'll be skipping the UV for now. We're also investing in high end leveling casters, so we'll be able to actually roll the tank away from the wall if we need to access the back of the tank to do any extensive plumbing modifications in the future.
Still need to order live sand, all of the plumbing parts, and build the stand. With Tampa Bay Saltwater shutting down, I'm giving up on adding additional live rock. I'll just put those dollars into more livestock.
Throwing Money GIF by memecandy
O! I need to know MORE about those casters! I just posted they would be the ONLY thing missing from having the tanks be PERFECT! Please do tell!!

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that’s exactly what I’m thinking too

I’ve been eyeing those cade aquriaums but I’m waiting till we move again.
just got done recently moving and i knew we wouldnt stay here long so I didn’t want to go too big. But I did upgrade from a smaller cube on this move....felt like an idiot though when I found out the glass on this one was tempered, so I pray everyday that Tom doesn’t fail and my tank overflow all over my equipment.... that would suck.
I’m in the same boat looking to move and find a house with a concrete slab. otherwise I need to strengthen the floor quite a bit. The Cade‘s look nice. I do kind want a 8 foot tank at about 30 inches wide too. My Red Sea 250 is my first saltwater tank. It’s too small for the fish I want.

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the same boat looking to move and find a house with a concrete slab. otherwise I need to strengthen the floor quite a bit. The Cade‘s look nice. I do kind want a 8 foot tank at about 30 inches wide too. My Red Sea 250 is my first saltwater tank. It’s too small for the fish I want.
I’m sorry that needs need happen moving sucks...moving when you have a reef tank super mega sucks!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back