What Can I Expect From The Top Shelf Aquatics Sale?

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody,
Like the title says, what can I expect from the pre Black Friday sale?
I have a budget of $45, as I’m not old enough to get a job and I don’t want to go broke.
Shipping is $30 so that’s $15 left.
I’m very interested in the $1 and $5 frags. I think that would be my best bet.
I’m looking for easy things like zoas and green star polyp, probably some mushrooms too.
For anybody who has experienced these sales in the past. Do you think I’ll be able to get some of these things?
@TopShelfAquatics

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the place in Winter Park, FL? If so, I visited in person last month (my first time there), and it is a 1st-class operation. Beautiful tanks, healthy fish and corals. Best wishes.

Turnage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm going to irritate some people with this response but here it goes. Top Shelf Aquatics is a great place if your looking for super rare coral and have lots of money. If your on a budget I would look at your LFS (local fish store) or better yet the live stock classified section of R2R. You will find amazing deals from the local members. Zoa's and leather corals are great budget corals that make a tank pop.

Ohh just a heads up. Green star polyp are awesome but can turn into a nightmare. Put that on an isolated rock or like me glue it to the back wall. This stuff grows crazy fast and sticks to rocks like super glue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BamboozleBean

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm going to irritate some people with this response but here it goes. Top Shelf Aquatics is a great place if your looking for super rare coral and have lots of money. If your on a budget I would look at your LFS (local fish store) or better yet the live stock classified section of R2R. You will find amazing deals from the local members. Zoa's and leather corals are great budget corals that make a tank pop.
That is true, that’s why I’m trying to get some $1 frags for my frag tank.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to reverse my original comment, but @Turnage makes some nice points— especially for anyone on a budget. Case in point? Top Shelf had a Harlequin Tusk for $350. I went back to another much more ‘basic’ store 5 miles up the road that I visited the same day and bought a same-size HT for $150. Maybe not Australian, but I wasn’t $200 worth of picky— and I’m enjoying him in my tank. Top Shelf also had a Purple Tang for $400 that literally would not cover a silver dollar in size. (Just giving some insights into prices.) The staff was very knowledgeable, however, as you would expect; and they had some nice size Pyramid Angels that I think were in the $60 range, so that seemed in the right zone.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BamboozleBean Honestly I wouldn't bother with an online vendor in your situation. Depending on your location, there should be some local hobbyist selling frags which means not only a better price than anything retail, but no shipping, and you get to make another contact in this hobby that could potentially help out down the road should something happen and you need some help.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back