What can I feed my scooter blenny

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you can get frozen daphnia...had good luck personally with that. There is also frozen plankton...also contains a lot of good things...but with all frozen food, high phosphates are a challenge. There is a thread on here (R2R) about an automatic brine shrimp feeding box, newly hatched brine shrimp ( when they are actually nutritious) are released and the scooters and mandarins learn fast where it is and eat at a station that way so you can observe them better for isdues as well.

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's a se fish? Nope people keep it at 1.026 it's more important to keep steady parameters rather trying to chase a number

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Return the fish to the store. Until your tank matures and your more educated on keeping this special needs Dragonet. Trust me, I speak from first hand knowledge. It is better to not have then have and be responsible for watching it starve to death :(

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK thanks for all the help and ReefFreak@ I meant some other fish that is purple

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I just scrubbed my tank he is wigged out just cuz I scrubbed it. Do u want me to send u pic of my tank

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear he's adapting:), and I also would like to see your tank.

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I will send u a pic I'm not at home now but I will send one when I get a chance.

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had really good luck using NutraMar Ova frozen prawn roe with dragonets. Its worth a shot for a frozen food. The "scooters" usually aren't as picky as the mandarins, and are usually easier to wean onto frozen foods. Brine shrimp is a good option for a live food though, besides pods. Good luck with your scooter.

mps0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with nanareefer. Dragonets like to scavenge on pods, fauna, etc that can only be found in an established aquarium. Start with live rock and lots of it... The little guy will surely whither away if you are attempting to target feed it a couple times a day. If you truly care about the health of your fish, I'd return it to the store you purchased it from and use the $$$ to buy a good book! Just my 2cents...

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with nanareefer. Dragonets like to scavenge on pods, fauna, etc that can only be found in an established aquarium. Start with live rock and lots of it... The little guy will surely whither away if you are attempting to target feed it a couple times a day. If you truly care about the health of your fish, I'd return it to the store you purchased it from and use the $$$ to buy a good book! Just my 2cents...
The only downer is he got it from petco, i know it will starve there, if he says he getting it to feed thats a whole lot better than petco in my book.

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same her cuz Petco has a lot of unhealthy looking fish when I dropped in the brine shrimp he ate a couple of a couple then he started swing around attack

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK thank you so much for a all the help I will send u a pic in the morning of my tank after I finish getting it cleaned

OP
OP
Mike628

Mike628

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool I joined to get advice and see pictures

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures are defiantly a bonus. Heres my frogspawn
unnamed-2.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back