what can I put in my fuge now that the tank is running?

Rookums Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put all the Marco, 120lbs, I was curing for 6 weeks in my 120 with some live sand 2 weeks ago. While the rock was curing and I was dosing bacteria, I had also put a 90g box of the marine pure spheres in. They are now in fuge or the beginning of it. I was wondering, since I'm now live, what is the best/smartest option? Keep the spheres and add chaeto? Put some miracle mud in? I've heard great things about the mud! I have some other rock I'm curing in a tub, could make some ruble and add some sand? I've read about AF life source to aid me in adding to the bio-diversity of the tank. I know it's a process, starting with dry rock, I'd like to hear some different opinions, it'd help me tremendously! Just added first inhabitants on Saturday, 2 clowns and some cuc. TIA!!

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great foresight and planning sounds like you are off to a great start.
I think you can always put in more rock, and get Chaeto started, though I found it will not flourish till it has some crud ion the water to help.
One thing and this is my experience, I too used the Marine pure and when I had an SPS/monti wipe out and did an ICP and came back with 500s on the Aluminum I puled them all out, and found that at the one year mark the majority were crumbling.
There are several threads that support and refute this, but this is my experience.

One last suggestion is if you can pulpit off, try for a gulf/keys piece of rock for either the DisplayPort the huge. In my opinion, make all with difference with known risks.

Best of luck!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back