OP
OP
Boaz1021

Boaz1021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! You should get a Gigas next time they are available. They are neat clams!
My next purchase is a Par meter... gotta save up for that though.

Once I know for sure what my PAR levels are, I'll look into getting some more clams. Gigas are beaitiful too, I just haven't seen any in person yet. I'll definitely keep my eyes open.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My next purchase is a Par meter... gotta save up for that though.

Once I know for sure what my PAR levels are, I'll look into getting some more clams. Gigas are beaitiful too, I just haven't seen any in person yet. I'll definitely keep my eyes open.
I suggest the BRS "rental" program. You buy it and have 60 days to return with a $100 restocking fee. The item is sold as an open box.

Alternatively, if you have a local club they probably have one you can borrow!

OP
OP
Boaz1021

Boaz1021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest the BRS "rental" program. You buy it and have 60 days to return with a $100 restocking fee. The item is sold as an open box.

Alternatively, if you have a local club they probably have one you can borrow!
No local club around here and the LFS doesn't even have a PAR Meter (they borrow one when setting up new tanks) Having $500 held up on the credit card isn't exactly favorable either.... but I've been getting mixed reviews on the Seneye PAR meter that's $200 from BRS.

But, you're right, I might just have to bite the bullet and do the BRS Rental.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No local club around here and the LFS doesn't even have a PAR Meter (they borrow one when setting up new tanks) Having $500 held up on the credit card isn't exactly favorable either.... but I've been getting mixed reviews on the Seneye PAR meter that's $200 from BRS.

But, you're right, I might just have to bite the bullet and do the BRS Rental.
I was close to buying a seneye too, but they seem like a pain in the butt. They require a PC to be hooked up to them to work. I am a Mac person. Even if I had a PC I wouldn't want it to be next to my reef with wet saltwater hands. Plus the apogee meter is supposed to be more accurate. Idk. I will say that using a par meter is enlightening.

OP
OP
Boaz1021

Boaz1021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was close to buying a seneye too, but they seem like a pain in the butt. They require a PC to be hooked up to them to work. I am a Mac person. Even if I had a PC I wouldn't want it to be next to my reef with wet saltwater hands. Plus the apogee meter is supposed to be more accurate. Idk. I will say that using a par meter is enlightening.
Well... you're a bad influence.

I just ordered mine. Fyi, it works with either Mac or PC. Save $300 to not have a box attached to it... I'm OK with plugging it into one of my many laptops. Lol

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... you're a bad influence.

I just ordered mine. Fyi, it works with either Mac or PC. Save $300 to not have a box attached to it... I'm OK with plugging it into one of my many laptops. Lol
I do what I can.

Just think about how much cheaper it is to buy a par meter than to move to another city that has one to borrow. The Boston club has three, but compared to moving expenses, increased rent, increased heating bills, seasonal effective disorder, etc, the purchase from BRS is a bargain.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back