What color is yours and what is the BEST colors for an Aquarium Stand?

Do you think the color of your aquarium stand is important?

• YES

Votes: 376 77.5%
  • NO

Votes: 65 13.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 37 7.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9C936353-51A2-4771-B3D4-515077ADB5F5.jpeg

Yes it matters. If going with a color it should compliment the trim in my opinion. I’m a big fan of wood and will forever like the look of combined/complimentary wood.

My grandpa made me this stand a few months ago when I was still running an old Biocube with the original trash stand it came with. It is a stained maple stand with hickory doors having a natural maple border. He used soft close hinges so the doors can’t be slammed. He made me find the handles I wanted and that took forever. I plan on using this forever, and even when I get the mega tank of my dreams 10-20 years down the road will always keep this with a tank on it with some different theme. When I move into a bigger home I will have a custom tank made to fit this much better and run a sump underneath, but for now I have the Nuvo 40 AIO and use the cabinet for my chaeto reactor, dosing pumps, and most of my equipment and supplies.

(Pay no attention to the sheet over the window or the mess of cords from the TV in the stand, this was shortly after rearranging and things have not been figured out other than the tank.)
Same for me. Love wood. That is a beautiful job

FiddlersReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My grandpa made me this stand a few months ago when I was still running an old Biocube with the original trash stand it came with. It is a stained maple stand with hickory doors having a natural maple border. He used soft close hinges so the doors can’t be slammed. He made me find the handles I wanted and that took forever. I plan on using this forever, and even when I get the mega tank of my dreams 10-20 years down the road will always keep this with a tank on it with some different theme.

That stand is beautiful. Looks great.

ProxyAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should the color of your aquarium stand matter? ....

1. What color is your aquarium stand and why did you choose that color?

2. Do you think the color of your aquarium stand is important? Why or why not?

1. White, the walls are white and my son and I wanted the tank to blend in (not be obvious ;) ).
2. It was bound to be important to Mom/My Spouse, so it was important to me.

Survived the stand & tanks surprise reveal ,
Jim

CMurphy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should the color of your aquarium stand matter? Well I'm not too sure! I have some reasons that I think we should care about the color of our stands but today I would like to hear from you as to why or why not you think it's important and what color you went with!

1. What color is your aquarium stand and why did you choose that color?

2. Do you think the color of your aquarium stand is important? Why or why not?

image via @ReefKeeper09
20190409_180836.jpg
Both of mine are black.

Attachments

• 20220216_172041.jpg
    20220216_172041.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220216_172032.jpg
    20220216_172032.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 32
Back