What color is yours and what is the BEST colors for an Aquarium Stand?

Do you think the color of your aquarium stand is important?

• YES

Votes: 374 77.4%
  • NO

Votes: 65 13.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 37 7.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it matters.
The IM 14 P is on one of the wine refrigerators which is black. And the 30 L is on the black APS stand. And the 10g freshwater is on the small wine refrigerator.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted yes as think it matters because colours make stuff look nicer or not .
We have dark coloured wood furniture in lounge but got a white stand and white base and white hood of main tank ,it doesnt match furniture in lounge but was either white or black only if remembering correctly when bought tank 5 years ago but looks OK.
If I had way and if could buy a red stand or some bright colour like that I would of wanted but Mrs reigns me in often .

I guess some could say if got very bright coloured tank then could distract from looking at the dt but for me anyway once get more corals and tank fills in More,and I change few t5 bulbs and get more blue look in tank and get that multi flouresent colours from the corals that attracted me in first place then a bright orange or red or sky blue tank would just fit in nicely I think ^_^

Lights are out in tank now but not to much to look at anyway as only 8- 9 corals and only 9 of usual suspects common fishes so nothing soevial so far ^_^

Attachments

• 20211025_225644.jpg
    20211025_225644.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 52

Spartan1218

Lost on Aisle 18
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would seem that as a new person in this hobby that I care a lot less than most people about stand color. My top priority right now is design and function of the tank with less emphasis on stand color.

That said, there are some absolutely AMAZING tanks in this thread and on this site. Here I am trying to convince myself that paying more for a white stand makes sense.

Maybe it would be interesting to revisit this question in a few years when I have something up and running. ‍♂️

Groovyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should the color of your aquarium stand matter? Well I'm not too sure! I have some reasons that I think we should care about the color of our stands but today I would like to hear from you as to why or why not you think it's important and what color you went with!

1. What color is your aquarium stand and why did you choose that color?

2. Do you think the color of your aquarium stand is important? Why or why not?

image via @ReefKeeper09
20190409_180836.jpg
still working on the canopy
20210816_164055.jpg

Attachments

• 20211009_143952.jpg
    20211009_143952.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 56

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What color is your aquarium stand and why did you choose that color?
The stand is made of wood. I put clear stain over the wood so the color is wood. God chose the color I just took His advice.

2. Do you think the color of your aquarium stand is important? Why or why not?

The stand color obviously isn't important because the color has no impact upon the stands ability to support the tank. The color is important to my wife and that is one reason the tank is in the garage.

paula abdul 90s GIF

Fam5dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me idk something about having a white stand does it for me. Cleaner look that just fits in

This is my current now but working on my next build in search of a good metal stand wrapping.
I also like white stands. What light are you using? Looks like a hybrid?

nicksreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% important, as its a big part of the room. And if it didn't look suitable id never have persuaded my better half to have the tanks,

1 grey,
1 white,
1 white with a wood panel door

upcoming build in the planning phase... clear acrylic! (just gotta finish stocking the above and then rob a bank first ;):p)

would attach photos but its night here in the UK and no one from fish to miss would appreciate it ;Playful

tomschongar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes stand color maters . White stand and Apex control board I built both of them . Fish handles on door. I have grandkids under 3 yrs old . Cannot get into sump

kingjames_dc5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a farmhouse table painted white with poplar stained black cherry. My wife love the farmhouse look so i built the table gave it to her as a present and the asked to put a saltwater tank in it lol. I absolutely think its important. #1 have to keep the wife happy. #2 I personally think it looks nice when it matches the rest of the house.
DAF119BD-C9D3-4214-89A1-1135BBFF021C.jpeg

Back