What color is yours and what is the BEST colors for an Aquarium Stand?

Do you think the color of your aquarium stand is important?

• YES

Votes: 376 77.5%
  • NO

Votes: 65 13.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 37 7.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

FiddlersReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the color of your furniture and walls in your house and why does it matter at all?
Well that's the thing with personal opinions... none of them matter at all to anyone else. But since the question was worded "Do you think..." I presumed it to be asking for a personal opinion and gave it. Does it matter? Of course not.

tmc13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an amazingly clean setup; and goes so well with it's surroundings. Do you have it setup with your heater in-line with your return plumbing? How do you like the display flow with the closed-loop pump setup? It sure cleans up the tank appearance, not having side-mounted flow pumps.
Thanks daileyo,
my heater is in the sump (not inline). I've been really happy (corals seem happy too), with the flow I'm getting without any additional pumps. I don't think I'll ever really need to add any even as things grow out because right now I'm only running the valves partially open and have plenty of room to open them up to add more flow.

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The key is to make sure what's inside the tank is completely awesome, breathtaking, captivating, etc., and then no one will even notice/remember what your stand looks like

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1. What color is your aquarium stand and why did you choose that color?
White - the rest of the furniture in the room is white as well
2. Do you think the color of your aquarium stand is important? Why or why not?
Yes - IMHO (and I know lots of people like to show off their sump, etc - which I personally enjoy LOOKING AT - as compared to maintaining in a viewable state. IMHO the focus is not the 'stuff' on the bottom - but rather the stuff on the top

optionrj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the wife hated the white of the redsea cabinet and I really wasn’t a fan as well. My 15 year old said it look like a refrigerator in the living room So the wife did some looking on Amazon and found this vinyl wrap! Amazing stuff, easy to work with, doesn’t leave a residue and more importantly, matches the rest of the living room

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 59

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love natural wood with grain showing.

My DIY Stand with Matching Canopy, and 65 G Tank with Oak Corner trim on edges.

Oak plywood, Solid Coners, and Oak Trim (Stained by hand Mahogany/Cherry Color)

Built 25 years ago. First Photo, while shiny and clean. Located in Kitchen, but visible from Family Room.

P01-TankStand2002_zpsqrhgswwg.jpg

Many years later after Fill up.

2016-12-21_KitchenTankLeatherNObev.jpg
Wow! Nice candy cane forest!

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like looking at both the display and the sump now..

IMG_9359.JPG
IMG_9364.JPG
Looking at this, it caught my attention that you actually painted the pvc to look like copper pipes and brass fittings with the detail of silver solder for good measure. ;Jawdrop

JLN72

Never Too Old To Try
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally Clueless
Everybody has their own idea of what looks good. A beautiful stand would be great but my pockets are pretty shallow. And of course the focus is on the display tank anyway. I just started this hobby four months ago with a $20 purchase of a 25g tank and stand and set up a freshwater tank.

I recently found a used 55g tank but didn't like the stand so my son in law made one out of 2x4's and unfinished pine boards. It matches my other rustic furniture and looks pretty good.

FYI I am just starting my first saltwater build.

Freshwater.jpg Aquarium Stand.jpg Stand w Doors open.jpg

casey012293

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
9C936353-51A2-4771-B3D4-515077ADB5F5.jpeg

Yes it matters. If going with a color it should compliment the trim in my opinion. I’m a big fan of wood and will forever like the look of combined/complimentary wood.

My grandpa made me this stand a few months ago when I was still running an old Biocube with the original trash stand it came with. It is a stained maple stand with hickory doors having a natural maple border. He used soft close hinges so the doors can’t be slammed. He made me find the handles I wanted and that took forever. I plan on using this forever, and even when I get the mega tank of my dreams 10-20 years down the road will always keep this with a tank on it with some different theme. When I move into a bigger home I will have a custom tank made to fit this much better and run a sump underneath, but for now I have the Nuvo 40 AIO and use the cabinet for my chaeto reactor, dosing pumps, and most of my equipment and supplies.

(Pay no attention to the sheet over the window or the mess of cords from the TV in the stand, this was shortly after rearranging and things have not been figured out other than the tank.)

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9C936353-51A2-4771-B3D4-515077ADB5F5.jpeg

Yes it matters. If going with a color it should compliment the trim in my opinion. I’m a big fan of wood and will forever like the look of combined/complimentary wood.

My grandpa made me this stand a few months ago when I was still running an old Biocube with the original trash stand it came with. It is a stained maple stand with hickory doors having a natural maple border. He used soft close hinges so the doors can’t be slammed. He made me find the handles I wanted and that took forever. I plan on using this forever, and even when I get the mega tank of my dreams 10-20 years down the road will always keep this with a tank on it with some different theme. When I move into a bigger home I will have a custom tank made to fit this much better and run a sump underneath, but for now I have the Nuvo 40 AIO and use the cabinet for my chaeto reactor, dosing pumps, and most of my equipment and supplies.

(Pay no attention to the sheet over the window or the mess of cords from the TV in the stand, this was shortly after rearranging and things have not been figured out other than the tank.)
I have to tell you, I have always been a white stand guy, but, this is really nice looking. If I wasn't trying to match two white stands in the new fish room, I would go this route in a heartbeat.

casey012293

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have to tell you, I have always been a white stand guy, but, this is really nice looking. If I wasn't trying to match two white stands in the new fish room, I would go this route in a heartbeat.
I’m not sure how your stands are built, but my plan down the road for the big tank would be to take the doors off and have new ones made. White or black aluminum frame with wood doors to match the old stand or match whatever the house it is in.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New stand at old house without doors. I’ll update again when the doors are hung.

22B041F6-F1AF-4EBE-80C8-C7DB5D56D56C.jpeg

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure how your stands are built, but my plan down the road for the big tank would be to take the doors off and have new ones made. White or black aluminum frame with wood doors to match the old stand or match whatever the house it is in.

One is a red sea reefer 625xxl and the other is one I custom built. 12 foot long.

12foottankonstand.jpg

Back