What coral dip should I use?

Mrod91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I have a shipment of 5 corals coming in tomorrow (really excited)
I read coral rx pro is the best dipping solution but no reef store around me has it, and it wouldn’t get here on time for tomorrow.

Any other alternatives you guys recommend to dip my corals in?

David_Carrera

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had some good success recently when Revive. Definitely seen a couple pests fall of during the dip with revive but yea rx is the better/best dip on the market personally.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bayer works too and you can find one in Home Depot/Lowes

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Bayer as well. Enough Bayer in a container of tank water to make it look like skim milk does the trick.

OP
OP
Mrod91

Mrod91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any success with seachem’s iodine based solution??

ReefGoddesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any success with seachem’s iodine based solution??

Yes, this has been the only dip I’ve used. I have used it for over a year and 1/2 and so far so good! I usually fill up a plastic bowl—-I use the one I got Chinese food delivered in so I can reuse it over and over and don’t get it mixed up with my kitchen items. I always add a capful of it regardless. I have it sit for 15-30 mins. Then I rinse each coral off in another small bowl with only aquarium water and repeat the dip procedure for a second time. It’s amazing to see how much stuff falls off. I do this for every single coral specimen. I also tend to get my coral from one or two places because I want to be extra safe too.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, this has been the only dip I’ve used. I have used it for over a year and 1/2 and so far so good! I usually fill up a plastic bowl—-I use the one I got Chinese food delivered in so I can reuse it over and over and don’t get it mixed up with my kitchen items. I always add a capful of it regardless. I have it sit for 15-30 mins. Then I rinse each coral off in another small bowl with only aquarium water and repeat the dip procedure for a second time. It’s amazing to see how much stuff falls off. I do this for every single coral specimen. I also tend to get my coral from one or two places because I want to be extra safe too.
Is this the Reef Iodide Seachem?

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Which kind of Bayer do you use? And is it diluted?
This is the one I use (got this pic from someone’s post). I do a 10:1 ratio, water to bayer, and dip corals for 10 minutes. Then, I rinse them twice in tank water or fresh saltwater and put them in the tank. I also use CoralRX Pro.

BE6131BA-6207-4766-9B67-86446152B771.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back