What coral just HAS to be in your tank - no matter what?

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoanthids, especially armor of gods.

A15-1.jpg

kitpoon0315

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is on side, but it'd have to be a clam for me. Any of the colorful clams!! I currently have some as a hitchhiker and they are simply brown, but I love them all the same!

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jason Fox Flame and Solar Flare. The first time I saw a colony of both of these I was hooked. Still searching for ones that aren’t just little sticks.

Also Gigantea anemones are what hooked me into the hobby. They’re just so quixotic.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I move my lt plate coral also wish I could get some higher end acros

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I know it can be a overgrowing monster - but I also see pruning as just another challenge or prerequisite to keeping it... For me, no tank is complete with some beautiful dwarf pulsing xenia.

It was the coral that fascinated me as a child and got me into the hobby, and it still does to this day...

What coral do you HAVE to have in your display?

Beautiful....and I love it but never had luck with it after several tries? Kenya Trees, mushrooms, leathers, gorgonians, Bubble Coral all ok, I just can't nail down the Xenia? Arrrgh....

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny....nobody ever mentions Kenya Tree.

For me it is bubble coral.
I actually like em 'in doses' but then, as you allude to, the bloody spread factor....Bubble definitely. Had one for 10+ years and then whoops, there she goes....:(

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scourge! First time in about 5 or 6 years.... going to throw the kitchen sink at this beast lol.
My tank has been up for 4 months, and I’ve had ich, flat worms, dinos and vermitids. You can bet I’ve started dipping my corals! Haha- December 15th will make the third month being fallow, so I can finally add my clown pair to the tank! I’ll probably wait an extra week to be safe though.

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been up for 4 months, and I’ve had ich, flat worms, dinos and vermitids. You can bet I’ve started dipping my corals! Haha- December 15th will make the third month being fallow, so I can finally add my clown pair to the tank! I’ll probably wait an extra week to be safe though.
Those are trials and tribulations indeed!!! Best of luck with the pair, and post some pics once they get acclimated!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back