What coral(s) is extremely overpriced?

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe the prices on branching cyphastrea lately....like it's some rare bird coral that's just amazing. I like it a lot but it's pretty basic. A lot of the "branching" styles seem to be climbing in price.

Acros obviously. I have a few, but god it drives me nuts. It's the same species they just add a breakfast cereal name and blast it with blue light and now it's 200 per inch.

TORCHES. Good lord, I haven't paid more than 65 per head for any of mine but I'm seeing CRAAAAAAAZY prices on some stuff. It does look like the NY Knicks is coming down though.

I try and buy from fellow reefers as much as possible. The coral shops are losing their minds.

Upvote 0

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most are overpriced these days, they will continue to be as long as people are willing to spend the money.
the price of BTA’s are crazy also unless you buy locally from others, I paid a 100 for a RTBA decent size and now have 3 of them in less the 6 months.

Upvote 0

TopClamSkoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to revive this one...
Yeah! what the heck!!!
I remember 40 -50 bucks would get u a big euphyllia colony.. then again that was 17 years ago... But still!!! If you do a rough estimate, a colony should cost about 100-120 in today's money
Then again, the demand for lps has grown. I remember back in 04-05, sps were the hot topic.
It doesn't help they started coming out with all these stupid names and social media def doesn't help with the pricing.
Sorry, just complaining.

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 111 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back