What corals should I add to this tank?

mbarber87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never can decide on what to get. I love the look of my tank but it feels empty and a little color imbalanced. I've got a really loose budget so give me some ideas!

P1190985.jpg

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I nice torch on the end of the left rock structure towards the middle, and some branching/tabling acro on the top of the right rock structure.

DirkCourage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you could use some height and some sway over on the right. Gorgonias? You've got a nice variety, needs some big eye-catchers like that sweet monti. I feel like tanks this size look great with a big Devil's Hand or Sinularia in them. And it may seem like it's old hat, but my coral guy has a big colony of pulsing xenia in the upper corner back wall of his display tank and it looks pretty awesome. I think xenia has a role to play in a tank like yours with all that color going, and it would be a fast way to fill it in.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a big elegance coral could fit in the middle

You can use some blue/purples in your color palette - maybe something like a frozen lepto, some blue acans, dragon breathe favias, or just general blue color morphs of torches, acros, etc..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back