OP
OP
Mr Hughes

Mr Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you already have a hammer, I suggest making a hammer garden. They are quite stunning and come in a variety of colors
6AD7912E-8F47-42F1-A1E9-141C74A85CD7.jpeg

as others have already mentioned, a zoa garden is also a great idea and offers even more options. I wouldn’t put them on your rock work down because you will likely run into issues in the future with being unable to remove them
Just...wow... I need to find me a blue one. My LFS has the gold, purple, and green in stock currently...Looks like I might be dropping another $500 soon. If I do a zoa garden, I would definitely need to keep them separate or wait until everything else has time to get established for a year. Worse case, my wife said I could get whatever size tank I want when we build a house in about 4 years, so I may just pull off everything else and use this rock as my zoa garden. I don't think she fully understands what she just said. :D

OP
OP
Mr Hughes

Mr Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of my favorite pieces in my tank currently:
They are sold out, but grab one or two when they are.
My son picked these out for me. They are nestled in the other side of the rockwork, but I do agree that these are definitely nice. Brightest thing in the tank by far! Almost hurt your eyes they are so bright.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just...wow... I need to find me a blue one. My LFS has the gold, purple, and green in stock currently...Looks like I might be dropping another $500 soon. If I do a zoa garden, I would definitely need to keep them separate or wait until everything else has time to get established for a year. Worse case, my wife said I could get whatever size tank I want when we build a house in about 4 years, so I may just pull off everything else and use this rock as my zoa garden. I don't think she fully understands what she just said. :D
My favorite is the orange and blue wall hammer in the center. Raised that thing from a tiny bleached out baby with 5 tentacles. The giant splatter wall hammer is as bright as my neon green candy cane, it’s beautiful!

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goniopora, monti caps, scoly, chalice, and leptoseris all have the color morphs that you are looking for, either naturally, or fluorescent.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd stay away from goniopora, maybe go alveopora instead. Gonis have a nasty habit of being great until they're suddenly not. Acan lords would be good, you can also get some really great colors with acan echinatas, and acan bowerbanki are nice for a big pop of color. There are a few new morphs of psammacora worth talking about, and stylophora are nice if you want a stick with really impressive polyps and relatively forgiving husbandry. I don't see a Duncan coral in your tank yet, that would be another good one to add. I'm of the firm opinion that no tank is complete without a Duncan. Maybe I should change my avatar to Leto II...

OP
OP
Mr Hughes

Mr Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd stay away from goniopora, maybe go alveopora instead. Gonis have a nasty habit of being great until they're suddenly not. Acan lords would be good, you can also get some really great colors with acan echinatas, and acan bowerbanki are nice for a big pop of color. There are a few new morphs of psammacora worth talking about, and stylophora are nice if you want a stick with really impressive polyps and relatively forgiving husbandry. I don't see a Duncan coral in your tank yet, that would be another good one to add. I'm of the firm opinion that no tank is complete without a Duncan. Maybe I should change my avatar to Leto II...
Excellent thoughts. It seems I will be using Google later this evening to do my research. Well done. :D

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking back on this, when responding to another thread .... what about a gorgonian? Non photosynthetic, can be really attractive in red or orange, give a bit of colour pop. They can be a bit temperamental and you'll have to supplement feed them, but judging on your existing stock list, you should be able to give it a go? I have an orange tree gorg, not much growth over the last 6 months but is surviving well, polyps often extended, especially at night. This is mine...just an idea percolating in my head lol...
20210105_173113.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • None.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back