What could these be?

Living_room_fishing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I have had my display tank for 5 months now and there is always something interesting being spotted.

So I know I have copepods on the glass, little white bugs crawling on the glass.

But when I stare at the sand I see really small mini ants it looks like (kinda brownish). I had hair algea a month ago and these little guys went all over that. Now that the algea is gone they are on the sand looking for a meal.

Are these also some kind of copepods?

Chris

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

So I had I have had my display tank for 5 months now and there is always something interesting being spotted.

So I know I have copepods on the glass, little white bugs crawling on the glass.

But when I stare at the sand I see really small mini ants it looks like (kinda brownish). I had hair algea a month ago and these little guys went all over that. Now that the algea is gone they are on the sand looking for a meal.

Are these also some kind of copepods?

Chris
Google gammarid amphipod and compare pics. Almost sounds like what you are describing.

OP
OP
Living_room_fishing

Living_room_fishing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google gammarid amphipod and compare pics. Almost sounds like what you are describing.
This seems like it could be them. They are very small so I can't make out much detail.

From what I read, they seem good to have in an aquarium. They are a clean up crew and fish food.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Chris

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back