What did everyone get at NY show

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went to the show on Saturday and Sunday. We drove from South of Boston and managed to get stuck in that awful car accident on 95 which extended hour 4.5 hour drive to around 7 hours and through lower Manhatten which was not fun. Met some cool people at the bar Friday night (wife calls them Cali and Chicago) one runs the Cali show and the other runs a Chicago show and runs "tank it easy." Hopefully we shall meet again

Won some raffle prizes so that alone made it well worth it. We won the Gen 4 radion and the reef2reef gfo, carbon and biopellet pack on Sunday. My wife ending up going zoa crazy for her new 24 gallon that's been up since March. Never thought I'd see her joining this hobby nevermind buying corals. I ended up buying some SPS frags from a few vendors. Got a nice LRO utra strawberry shortcake, LRO solar flare, Jason Fox yellow tip, a red milli that I forgot the name of and a bright green/yellow acro that I forgot the name.
Overall we had an awesome time and look forward to MACNA in September.

Last edited:

Reef A Palooza New York

Reef-A-Palooza New York
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went to the show on Saturday and Sunday. We drove from South of Boston and managed to get stuck in that awful car accident on 95 which extended hour 4.5 hour drive to around 7 hours and through lower Manhatten which was not fun. Met some cool people at the bar Friday night (wife calls them Cali and Chicago) one runs the Cali show and the other runs the Chicago show and runs "tank it easy." Hopefully we shall meet again

Won some raffle prizes so that alone made it well worth it. We won the Gen 4 radion and the reef2reef gfo, carbon and biopellet pack on Sunday. My wife ending up going zoa crazy for her new 24 gallon that's been up since March. Never thought I'd see her joining this hobby nevermind buying corals. I ended up buying some SPS frags from a few vendors. Got a nice LRO utra strawberry shortcake, LRO solar flare, Jason Fox yellow tip, a red milli that I forgot the name of and a bright green/yellow acro that I forgot the name.
Overall we had an awesome time and look forward to MACNA in September.

Hello and sounds like you had a great time and had a chance to meet some great people. Just to clear things up the person from"Tank It Easy" does not run Reef-A-Palooza Chicago. We run the Orlando, New York, and Chicago Shows.

Southern California Marine Aquarium Society(SCMAS) is in charge of the California Show and the person you met was @gcarroll he is one of the founders of the show and he is in charge of running the Cail Show.

Hope this clears things up

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and sounds like you had a great time and had a chance to meet some great people. Just to clear things up the person from"Tank It Easy" does not run Reef-A-Palooza Chicago. We run the Orlando, New York, and Chicago Shows.

Southern California Marine Aquarium Society(SCMAS) is in charge of the California Show and the person you met was @gcarroll he is one of the founders of the show and he is in charge of running the Cail Show.

Hope this clears things up

Gotcha I knew he said he ran something just couldn't remember what it was. Show was awesome. Can't beat winning a 400 dollar light

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think the guy we met Friday at the bar was Ben. I could be wrong their was a lot of alcohol after that drive ;Woot

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with my daughter and had a great time. Bought nothing, but it was still great to look around, converse and get ideas.

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we didn't buy a thing until sunday... but even just walking around and talking to people Saturday was fun

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back