What did I just find Jump on my hand?

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was reaching back to grab my sponge filter media in the back of my 15g aio. as I'm grabbing the first layer and a MF worm looking thing jumped on my hand so fast.
I was able to grab it but no picture I was getting too many chills. It was a decent size as I could easily feel and see it, about the length of a pinky nail. It was white in color and moved decently fast to jump on my hand. What could this have been? last question.. anything that can come out of a reef tank cant live correct? lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
was reaching back to grab my sponge filter media in the back of my 15g aio. as I'm grabbing the first layer and a MF worm looking thing jumped on my hand so fast.
I was able to grab it but no picture I was getting too many chills. It was a decent size as I could easily feel and see it, about the length of a pinky nail. It was white in color and moved decently fast to jump on my hand. What could this have been? last question.. anything that can come out of a reef tank cant live correct? lol
Without pics , will be hard to assess. Can be a baby worm of the following:
Fireworm

Bristleworm

Peanut worm

Medusa worm

Consider setting a trap made with soda bottle as pictured below

trap.jpg

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without photos I can only assume a juvenile Alaskan Bull Worm. Joking aside, are you sure that it jumped? Is it possible that your hand bumped the wall and dislodged it?
idk man that thing thumped on my hand pretty hard i pulled out so quick lmaoo to see a squirming maggot looking thing. sent that **** down the drain pretty quick after pinching it and powering pinesoil down the drain lol.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back