Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed and refilled my ATO tank.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the middle of an Aptaisia hunt while doing a water change ;Doctor

CraigMixedReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scraped the glass
Got “busy fingers” as my dad used to say - moved a coral that shifted my rockscape and pinned a blue tang between 2 rocks. Didn’t notice for a few hours, until I realized I hadn’t seen him flashing around. Looked around in the tank and saw him pinned - reached in and un- pinned him, scaring one of my Clowns in the process, who proceeded to jump into my overflow. Took an hour fishing him out of the overflow... If you give a mouse a cookie... Ugh.

OP
OP
jtl

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made some adjustments to my new filter media holder. I constructed it in such a way that I could a sock if I wanted to, but I don't. I am using 1" filter floss topped with a layer of felt. Very cheap. I can get over 40 pads for $15 worth of material. no more washing socks!
IMG_0679.JPG

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drooled at what my tank will look like when I finish and install my t5/led hybrid using 2 Ecotech xr15 g4 pros, a work in progress, lol!!!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never ending battle. Find 1 then 5 more

I carpet bombed them with Aptaisia X and picked off a few stragglers this morning. Things are finally looking decent!

Drooled at what my tank will look like when I finish and install my t5/led hybrid using 2 Ecotech xr15 g4 pros, a work in progress, lol!!!

No drooling and more working! Finish it up so we can all drool at it !!;Drool;Drool;Drool

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started my 120g build with installing my new RO/DI unit. Reading 0 TDS. Will be picking up my tank this weekend.
8447aba543a857922d5a89bbf67430fb.jpg

I have the same system, the DI canisters work much better mounted vertically

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple days ago for another thread I drained my twelve yr sps and Lps pico down to the sand and didn't refill it for half an hour.

The system was purposefully neglected for months so cyano could fill up

Then we modeled the fix, the no chemical, no param jacking, no hesitation skip cycle blast clean fix of removing detritus stores.

The reason for the drain delay was to show that most all our corals except for truly rare ones can do that...mine aren't specially adapted and neither is the live rock. You can deep clean, it doesn't destabilize. I pushed my system far harder than likely any water change ever documented in the history of this site to show plenty of room to clean any noncompliant reef... Not delicate clean, worrisome moves, but decidedly clean in one pass like it's brand new. It'll go 45 min next round. The system is mighty hungry for feed for months now, I'll be chiseling out corals overgrowing what space is left.

Next day

Last edited:

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip I’ll make sure to change that

I repurposed the white clips and DIY’ed mounts.. your resin will deplete more evenly so you can just refill one canister at a time, feed first canister from bottom exit from top then to bottom of second canister. Mine also came from the factory with very loose DI resin which didn’t help with longevity as they should be tightly packed.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back