What did you pick up for Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That was from my email just copied and pasted. so that was at the end of my receipt. So she looked at my cart right before I checked out. As soon as she turned around I added it in there. So when we get the bill I can say it to late to return it. She won’t be that mad I just wouldn’t want to listen to before I got it.
She wont be mad???? Wait til she sees the bill. . . . it will go something like this:

ticked.gif

Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Pax Bellum ARID N24 Macroalgae Reactor
  • Avast Seabones Calcium Reactor v2
  • 2 x Avast Kalk Stirrer
  • Avast Skimmate Locker
  • 2 x Radion XR30 G4 Pro's (no sale)
  • 6 buckets of Brightwell salt
  • 10lb Aluminum CO2 tank
  • CarbonDoser CO2 Regulator
  • Random other supplements, foods and tools

I'd like to know how it goes with the Avast Seabones Calcium Reactor v2, I had that one in my cart a couple of times and couldn't bring myself to go through with it. I had two tanks to shop for.

My purchases included:
GHL Profilux Mini Wifi
MRC Nilson Kalk reactor
Tunze 3155 ATO
IM 5 gallon ATO Reservoir
Reef Octopus Essence 130 Protein Skimmer

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I restock every year on consumables... Test kit refills, T5 bulbs, RODI filters, carbon, selcon, microbacter 7, calibration fluid, and salt. Everything I need until next year and then I repeat.

No corals this year as I just upgraded 23 days ago and don't want to rush with new corals so the battle box will have to wait.

The best deals were at my LFS. I bought IO salt for 35 bucks a box and gulf live rock was $3 a lb so I picked up 2lb that has corals on them as I love to add diversity to my tank regularly.

MVIMG_20191129_115635.jpg

I also bought a Mandarin fish and Kuiters leopard wrasse for a little more then a starbucks coffee.

MVIMG_20191129_125343.jpg

They also gave me this hitchiker crab for free to put in my fuge for fun.

MVIMG_20191130_161508.jpg

The one thing I bought on a whim was a freshwater betta fish. I have been wanting a freshwater planted tank but I want something small and simple that won't take time away from the reef so a cute 2-3g betta tank should work nicely.

MVIMG_20191130_152721.jpg

Anddd I also got my husband a nice watch for Christmas because it is important to keep the spouse happy too!!

Last edited:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No complaints- Just found the sales disappointing to the extent that it was cheaper for me to shop locally.
A couple of LFS had good specials. One im upset with.
They knew I was driving down a little over an hour each way and I asked if a couple of fish were available and they confirmed Yes and I told them I am heading down NOW. I fueled up and drove down to be told" SORRY, THEY LEFT ABOUT 20 MINS AGO" !!!!

THIS IS A PLACE I VISITED 2x PER MONTH AND DUMPED AVERAGE $100+ EACH TIME and they wonder why they really havent seen me since summer ?? Things like this will happen but this is Now the third time and after a couple of times, you get the feeling you are not a valued customer besides feeling disrespected.

I Found chemicals at Marine Depot, same at BRS and Orphek: lens set and blue flashlight at Aquarium Specialties.
Had some fish in mind online but was either wrong size or only one fish on my list making shipping not worth it.

A 10% discount means nothing to me when 5% of it goes to sales tax. This is a maufacturers' way of saying Thank you for a year of business??

That is a bummer! I asked the LFS if they hold fish during the black friday sales and they said they do not which I think is understandable, black friday sales have always been first come first serve type of deal. They do normally hold them. It would be very frustrating to drive so far if you were under the impression they were holding them for you.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No complaints- Just found the sales disappointing to the extent that it was cheaper for me to shop locally.
A couple of LFS had good specials. One im upset with.
They knew I was driving down a little over an hour each way and I asked if a couple of fish were available and they confirmed Yes and I told them I am heading down NOW. I fueled up and drove down to be told" SORRY, THEY LEFT ABOUT 20 MINS AGO" !!!!

THIS IS A PLACE I VISITED 2x PER MONTH AND DUMPED AVERAGE $100+ EACH TIME and they wonder why they really havent seen me since summer ?? Things like this will happen but this is Now the third time and after a couple of times, you get the feeling you are not a valued customer besides feeling disrespected.

I Found chemicals at Marine Depot, same at BRS and Orphek: lens set and blue flashlight at Aquarium Specialties.
Had some fish in mind online but was either wrong size or only one fish on my list making shipping not worth it.

A 10% discount means nothing to me when 5% of it goes to sales tax. This is a maufacturers' way of saying Thank you for a year of business??
A new local fish store did this to me, after discussing I wanted the fish and would be there. It was sold before we got there. Left and won't ever go back. Just for that they lost any and all future business from me.

As for Black Friday, I ordered some red sea test refills to replace my expired ones. And bought a Yamaha 3080 receiver but no discount as I got employee price and the girlfriend picked up a Sony 65" 4k tv. Now to get my home theater speakers and amp out of storage

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not impressed with the sales for the dry goods I needed but I had been thinking about the apex controller upgrade for about a year and bit the bullet with the 10% off.

Picked up some frags as well. I've got a long way to go to get my tank full...

Black Friday.jpg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A new local fish store did this to me, after discussing I wanted the fish and would be there. It was sold before we got there. Left and won't ever go back. Just for that they lost any and all future business from me.

As for Black Friday, I ordered some red sea test refills to replace my expired ones. And bought a Yamaha 3080 receiver but no discount as I got employee price and the girlfriend picked up a Sony 65" 4k tv. Now to get my home theater speakers and amp out of storage
Nice electronics !!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I restock every year on consumables... Test kit refills, T5 bulbs, RODI filters, carbon, selcon, microbacter 7, calibration fluid, and salt. Everything I need until next year and then I repeat.

No corals this year as I just upgraded 23 days ago and don't want to rush with new corals so the battle box will have to wait.

The best deals were at my LFS. I bought IO salt for 35 bucks a box and gulf live rock was $3 a lb so I picked up 2lb that has corals on them as I love to add diversity to my tank regularly.

MVIMG_20191129_115635.jpg

I also bought a Mandarin fish and Kuiters leopard wrasse for a little more then a starbucks coffee.

MVIMG_20191129_125343.jpg

They also gave me this hitchiker crab for free to put in my fuge for fun.

MVIMG_20191130_161508.jpg

The one thing I bought on a whim was a freshwater betta fish. I have been wanting a freshwater planted tank but I want something small and simple that won't take time away from the reef so a cute 2-3g betta tank should work nicely.

MVIMG_20191130_152721.jpg

Anddd I also got my husband a nice watch for Christmas because it is important to keep the spouse happy too!!
I know the store. . .LOL. I looked at their list too but did not see anything that jumped out for me. I hear they were busy especially when the doors had opened.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me see, its gonna take a minute to type all this stuff up, LOL!!! Mainly supplies with a few upgrades.

Flipper STAINLESS STEEL REPLACEMENT BLADES FOR GLASS TANKS (2 PACK)
Neptune COR-20 INTELLIGENT RETURN PUMP (2000 GPH)
Dr Tims 32OZ WASTE-AWAY SLUDGE BUSTING BACTERIA
5 boxes -HW-MARINEMIX REEFER SALT MIX 160 GALLONS
60 ML SELCON CONCENTRATE
Bulk Reef Supply 100 FT - BLUE 1/4" RO TUBING
LED REFRACTOMETER FOR READING SALINITY WITH CALIBRATION FLUID
Hanna PHOSPHATE ULTRA LOW RANGE PPM COLORIMETER HI774 HANNA CHECKER - MARINE WATER
Hanna HI774-25 PHOSPHATE ULR REAGENTS - MARINE WATER
Bulk Reef Supply PHARMA CALCIUM CHLORIDE 1-GALLON MIX (5 PACK)
Bulk Reef Supply PHARMA SODA ASH 1-GALLON MIX (5 PACK)
Maxspect GYRE XF350 PUMP KIT WITH CONTROLLER (5280 GPH)
Bulk Reef Supply FELT FILTER SOCK WITH PLASTIC RING 4” X 14” x10
Bulk Reef Supply 5 STAGE RO/DI REPLACEMENT FILTER KIT
Bulk Reef Supply 1.2 LBS (SINGLE CARTRIDGE REFILL) COLOR CHANGING CO2 ABSORBENT MEDIA x10
Reef Octopus REGAL 150SSS 6" SPACE SAVING PROTEIN SKIMMER (VARIOS)
ATI 39W 36” T5 PURPLE PLUS
ATI 39W 36” T5 CORAL PLUS
ATI 39W 36” T5 BLUE PLUS

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a blue tang and a scooter blenny while I was down in Utah On Black Friday. Unfortunately, the girl that packed them for me was new and they didn’t make it home because the bag was contaminated with orange scented soap or lotion.

klimfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a blue tang and a scooter blenny while I was down in Utah On Black Friday. Unfortunately, the girl that packed them for me was new and they didn’t make it home because the bag was contaminated with orange scented soap or lotion.

Ugh. Not ideal. Sorry for the loss. Will they refund you?

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Premium Aquatics had it going on! Best pricing, no tax, plus additional 5% promo code. I got 800 watt finnex titanium heater with digital control normally $109.99 for $75.00.

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. Not ideal. Sorry for the loss. Will they refund you?

The manager said he would, but it would have to be in person. I have to get back down there within 30 days and mention his name. I think that’s doable. We’ll just do our Christmas shopping there instead of Idaho.

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went a little crazy on the Black Friday sales! I had a pretty basic setup on a pre owned biocube 29. I picked up an amazing HOB skimmer from @MarineDepot by Aquamaxx for 20% off and that thing is a workhorse! I also got a pretty sweet deal from @AlgaeBarn on a BOGO 5280 pods and phytoplankton combo pack! Hopefully the improved biodiversity and water quality will help prepare my tank for a mandarin goby, which is the fish that really made me want to jump into the hobby to begin with. Besides that, I actually won a raffle by @The Aquatic Arsenal and got a $50 gift card that I used to pick up some corals I’ve been fantasizing about including a pink Goni, some gobstopper zoas, and a yellow ricordea (budget bounce lol).

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went a little crazy on the Black Friday sales! I had a pretty basic setup on a pre owned biocube 29. I picked up an amazing HOB skimmer from @MarineDepot by Aquamaxx for 20% off and that thing is a workhorse! I also got a pretty sweet deal from @AlgaeBarn on a BOGO 5280 pods and phytoplankton combo pack! Hopefully the improved biodiversity and water quality will help prepare my tank for a mandarin goby, which is the fish that really made me want to jump into the hobby to begin with. Besides that, I actually won a raffle by @The Aquatic Arsenal and got a $50 gift card that I used to pick up some corals I’ve been fantasizing about including a pink Goni, some gobstopper zoas, and a yellow ricordea (budget bounce lol).
Thank you for the shout out!

Back