What disease does my Kole tang have and fox face acting alittle weird

big man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kole tang is about 3 inches and he has white stuff on his head and something in his right eye and its not ich because i hade ich before but its eradicated from my tank at least I hope. but he still eats like a pig and is nice and fat but I dont know what he has but I have alot of medicine I just need to know which one to use. The one spot fox face is swaying it's head slowly up and down but still swimming normally but it's strange because he didnt eat the noir I gave him and he loves noir. But the he doesn't have any sort of parasite or disease. I think he is swaying his head because of hitting the glass hard but idk. My parameters are nitrates 0 nitrite 0 ph 8.1or2 but ammonia is 1.00ppm I think thats why my fish are like this but I just want to make sure that's the reason why
Tank is a 50 gallon

Screenshot_20220122-181257_Video Editor.jpg

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is REALLY cloudy. Something is definitely afoot at the Circle K.

What brand of test kit are you using for testing nitrate?

I would do a water change as soon as you can.

OP
OP
B

big man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using api test kit but and I just did like a 40% water change yesterday also in the pic the eye look normal but like 1/5 of the eye has something white and tiny in it

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope ammonia is not 1.0! That's a fish killer amount of ammonia. By chance, is this a new tank?

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using api test kit but and I just did like a 40% water change yesterday also in the pic the eye look normal but like 1/5 of the eye has something white and tiny in it
Very good chance your test kit is giving you bad readings, API is notorious for this. Get rid of the API nitrate and get either Red Sea or Salifert.

I would do more water changes your tank looks to be in the throws of crashing.

OP
OP
B

big man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good chance your test kit is giving you bad readings, API is notorious for this. Get rid of the API nitrate and get either Red Sea or Salifert.

I would do more water changes your tank looks to be in the throws of crashing.
Should I do a 25 % water change rn

OP
OP
B

big man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and keep doing small 10% water changes every day until things clear up.

Cloudy water + not eating fish, is a HUGE red flag.
I will do the water changes but all my other are eating except the fox face.

OP
OP
B

big man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an air stone in it Anda I have five fish two small clowns a Valentini Puffer 2.5 inch
A blue eye kole 3 inch and a one spot fox face 3 inch 50 gallon tank

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will do the water changes but all my other are eating except the fox face.
It starts with one.

I agree with @Tamberav there is a bacterial bloom. You might want to look for something that is decaying. Your tank is new so it won't be able to handle any kind of load like that. It doesn't take much to push a tank like this into a bad place.

OP
OP
B

big man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The return pump moves the water around I have fake anemone for my clowns the anemone moves so their is circulation in the tank I also have a bigger air stone should I use that

OP
OP
B

big man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm ...

How big is your return pump? or what is the brand and type?
It's a fluval 304 which ik its old but is still has a powerful current and I have a fluval filter media that removes ammonia I think th only thing decaying is some shrimp I put for my puffer but do you think I should get a new filter

20220122_194437.jpg

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a fluval 304 which ik its old but is still has a powerful current and I have a fluval filter media that removes ammonia I think th only thing decaying is some shrimp I put for my puffer but do you think I should get a new filter

20220122_194437.jpg
How long has the water been cloudy like this?

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20220122_194437.jpg
WOW.

See all those bubbles on the surface?

That is another indication that there is something decaying in your tank. I would do another 40 or 50% water change your tank is going to crash and you need to intervene immediately.

This is my beef with canister filters. They don't really do anything. You really need more flow in that tank. Get some cheap power heads that can move some water. You can keep the canister filter, but I would recommend getting rid of it. It isn't really helping.

Not to beat a dead horse (as I beat the dead horse) but your tank is crashing. Also as I said before there is something decaying. Get those shrimp out they are very high nutrient, if there is anything else that you can see vaccum it out.

I had a customer's tank a long time ago and his roommate fed shrimp while he was gone. The next day everything was dead. This isn't something to be trifled with.

OP
OP
B

big man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW.

See all those bubbles on the surface?

That is another indication that there is something decaying in your tank. I would do another 40 or 50% water change your tank is going to crash and you need to intervene immediately.

This is my beef with canister filters. They don't really do anything. You really need more flow in that tank. Get some cheap power heads that can move some water. You can keep the canister filter, but I would recommend getting rid of it. It isn't really helping.

Not to beat a dead horse (as I beat the dead horse) but your tank is crashing. Also as I said before there is something decaying. Get those shrimp out they are very high nutrient, if there is anything else that you can see vaccum it out.

I had a customer's tank a long time ago and his roommate fed shrimp while he was gone. The next day everything was dead. This isn't something to be trifled with.
Whoa my water is dirty good thing I'm changing it also do you recommend any other filters for my tank

20220122_195956.jpg

Back