Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GOPR0506.JPG
That is sweet. You built that skimmer yourself? How does it work?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice job everyone!

Pepcrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is sweet. You built that skimmer yourself? How does it work?
Yes I did build it. It worked great. I ran bubble blaster 10,000 on it. Turns out the pump was bad, so the skimmer would work great for a moth or so . Then for no reason it would overflow and puke all over the place. I got tired of it happening and bought a Lifereef. I didnt know it was the pump causing the problem until I had set up the lifereef. I have thought about setting it up again and running it with the lifereef venturi.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting my tank in the wall haha. The wall modification, and 2 tank stands were DIY
I plan to do this once I'm in my "forever" house. What do you have behind the tank? If everything goes as planned for me, I'll have a nice big fish room behind mine!

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building my tank stand and canopy to match the trim and furniture in my house. I even made the raised panel doors! It took a while since it was my first big woodworking project.

edfa838e339c0cea6ca2344bd8fdfbeb.jpg
If you wouldn't have said it, I wouldn't have believed that was your first build. It looks great! Most definitely something to be proud of :)

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I did build it. It worked great. I ran bubble blaster 10,000 on it. Turns out the pump was bad, so the skimmer would work great for a moth or so . Then for no reason it would overflow and puke all over the place. I got tired of it happening and bought a Lifereef. I didnt know it was the pump causing the problem until I had set up the lifereef. I have thought about setting it up again and running it with the lifereef venturi.
What size system are you running? That skimmer looks like it could handle 500+ gallons!

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other then building a radio shack trs-80 computer from surplus parts, modifying a TV for a monitor, expanding the memory and loading in level 2 basic from a cassette, my hob pvc overflows. :D

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to do this once I'm in my "forever" house. What do you have behind the tank? If everything goes as planned for me, I'll have a nice big fish room behind mine!
Behind my tank is my laundry room but it's a long room so I have my 40 gallon frag tank, 2 55 gallon barrels and my sump next to the tank then the washer and dryer on the opposite end of the room. Here's a quick phone pic.
received_10154871220109818.jpeg

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back