What do i set my Coral Box QPS5 to

OneOtter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I went ahead and purchased this a coral box quiet pump plus (QPS5) earlier today and have been messing with the settings since I had a Hydor 240gph power head and still have it since I might use that for a freshwater nano I have been planning, but it had no pulse or anything so I obviously had to upgrade in order to make my corals happier and of course get the aesthetics everyone loves in their saltwater tanks. My main thing is I have no clue what Mode to set it to and what frequency and flow to set it at. The tank I have it in is a 15 gallon, and if I set it to the Reef Mode it has built in I feel like whatever the frequency and flow are set at are too powerful and can't see the difference whether the frequency is a low number or high and same with the flow. So I am hoping someone who has one or knows how to set it up well would be able to help me out with it because the other mode I was thinking about using was the pulse mode but still not sure the frequency or flow.

The corals I have in this tank are a hammer coral, duncan coral, and a torch coral, as well as two bubble tip anemones and a rock flower anemone.

Please and thank you!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back