What do y'all want to talk about in the Question Of The Day?

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm actually wondering what folks would recommend to get a 32 gal LED Biocobe AIO retrofitted for a sump, better lights, and a good skinmer.

Or would it be better to just get a different tank?

I had a Bio29. Heres my sump mod. I recommend you email biocube with the tank model so you know its glass and not tempered.

I prefer biocube over JbJ due to cabinet space.

Just my 2 cents

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flow through your sump and/or AIO filter section.

in relation to the display size as well as filter section or sump size.

i see countless of posts from people running massive flow rates through their sump, or upgrading the return pump in their AIO.

i do the opposite... i slow it down, downgrade the return pump for slower flow through the filter.

anyone else share my madness?

J.
Yep. 4x flow through sump, so 800gph, then 15-20x in display via gyres and powerheads.

DraggingTail

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a recent thread I'd be curious to know how many of us are running a DSB, what there experiences have been. What size and depth is there sandbed? Is it a remote DSB or in tank? Do they run a plenum as well? I was surprised at how many people were saying they were running them. So now I'm curious as to how many of us actually are.

I know I'm planning on running one now with all the information shared in that thread. :)
What is a DSB?

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question, have we as reefing hobbyist moved on from the Indo ban. Have we excepted that it probably will never open back up as it once was. What are the vendors doing to sustain Indo corals for long term purchasing by hobbyist.
I was under the impression the indo ban will be lifted next year. I swear I read it on a forum sometime in the past couple weeks

Key-tie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested in hearing about bacteria biodiversity in tanks. How we can increase and keep a strong “immune system” if u will, inside our tanks. I think a lot of our starting issues when starting with dry rock is our low biodiversity. Can increasing this be of great help? Are there real products out there? Has anyone taken a real close look at what a healthy strong tank looks like up against a new tank with dry rock with one type of bacteria added?
Yes...this !

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn’t just be easier to go around the forum and select an interesting thread as question of the day? Could even be a new badge coming... just saying...,

aquapaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only if they can answer in memes :)

67936B1A-22A3-49E4-8F47-8E80EF3A5C79.jpeg
That is easy, check your sump...

aquapaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested in hearing about bacteria biodiversity in tanks. How we can increase and keep a strong “immune system” if u will, inside our tanks. I think a lot of our starting issues when starting with dry rock is our low biodiversity. Can increasing this be of great help? Are there real products out there? Has anyone taken a real close look at what a healthy strong tank looks like up against a new tank with dry rock with one type of bacteria added?
I would add on to this bio diversity of CUC etc. How do different members affect things and how it all interacts.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do we think the on-line coral venders are doing right and what could they improve on?
Fragging every coral they own down to nubs and then charging $$$ for them?

Is there a feeling in the hobby that vendors SHOULD or NEED to be active environmentally? Or be actively looking at sustainable practices?

Susan22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to hear how everyone has their circulation pumps set up. Having a hard time with mine. They are either flowing touch on the top or emptying the front out overnight. 170 waterbox I have mp40 on lagoon mode on one side and a jebao wavemaker on the opposite side. Can't seem to find a happy medium until I purchase a second mp40. Thx in advance

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back