What do you consider to be the top reef equipment introduced in 2022?

• Neptune A3 Apex Pro aquarium controller

Votes: 47 13.7%
  • Hydros Kraken 24V Power Center

Votes: 31 9.0%
  • EcoTech Marine G6 Radion Pro LED lights

Votes: 34 9.9%
  • Red Sea ReefMat fleece roller

Votes: 162 47.2%
  • Hanna Marine Monitor

Votes: 28 8.2%
  • Other

Votes: 41 12.0%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BEST NEW REEFING EQUIPMENT 2022.jpg

2022 saw many new products being introduced to the reef world. What caught your eye? Was it the new G6 lights, the A3 Apex controller, or the Red Sea ReefMat fleece roller? Did the Hydros Kraken power center catch your attention or was it something else? Please share what you consider to the top equipment introduced in 2022.

donbavis_RSReefMat.jpeg

Photo by @donbavis

Last edited by a moderator:

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the red sea roller mat is on my wish list, I think it deserves the title. However I am looking forward to see how the new line of red sea skimmers perform which drops in early 2023.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We can add other products to the poll of you feel they are worthy?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Red Sea ReefMat fleece roller has 40% of the votes so far!​

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope.. I got nothing.. Just my opinion but just small tweaks on existing products for the most part trying squeeze every penny out of the hobbyist. Nothing here that made me want to buy the same equipment I bought a year prior for a higher price.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would have liked to see a version 2 of the Neptune trident instead of the A3 which is just a overpriced SMALL upgrade from the 2016 model
Think about what they added to it and what yours can already do and then ask yourself is it actually worth “uprading” my system

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1 product came out in 2022 was PINK F-Aiptasia by Frank's Tanks.

Under extreme blue lights, when it first goes onto aiptasia, it looks similar to original (BTW original was 'new and improved' in 2022 I think). If you have some/any white lights then you notice its pink right away. MAGIC happens - it continues to "pink up"... then family comes by and asks - did you get a new coral? What is that pink coral? LOL I haven't paid attention to how long it takes to fully 'pink up' but I'm breaking into another bottle tonight so I can try to pay closer attention.

Now, above did say "equipment" and instead I voted for a 2022 product, but like others have shared there wasn't anything I noticed really different this past year (says the woman with 2 eShopps DeskMate 4.7 gallon tanks and daughter got another - 3 in family)...

so eShopps DeskMate 4.7 gallon tanks get my #2 2022 vote! ... but I've seen another companies brand (sorry can't recall, on display over at Ocean Avenue...) that is better built... don't know price but do like the look of those (and they had a lid - I'll be DIYing something for our DeskMate's as people are asking nearly what tank cost)) ... and their new tiny tank should instead get my #2 vote (says the woman with 3...)

FinnG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In fact, none of the above is a revolutionary product. G6 and G5 are generally the same eggs, only from the other side. With the Red Sea roll filter, they were generally 4 years late.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I bought 3 Reefmats this year. Love that they replace the socks so that became automated. However if they keep using this much a day 60-90” it is going to become pricey.

As far as the APEX goes. I had 6 of the 2016. When I got one for my Frag tank system, I called my lfs and found out they still had one of the 2016 and I had them hold it. I prefer the probes it comes with vs the water gauge. That being said, I had an ATO stick on and caused me a small flood. Now wondering if I should get the water gauge?

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In fact, none of the above is a revolutionary product. G6 and G5 are generally the same eggs, only from the other side. With the Red Sea roll filter, they were generally 4 years late.
It's about top equipment in 2022, not most revolutionary. A product like the Red Sea mat isn't mind blowing, but it is a well built, intuitive, reasonably costed and good looking filter roller, making it stand above previous products.

Spicy Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U missed the best one...

BEST NEW REEFING EQUIPMENT 2022.jpg

2022 saw many new products being introduced to the reef world. What caught your eye? Was it the new G6 lights, the A3 Apex controller, or the Red Sea ReefMat fleece roller? Did the Hydros Kraken power center catch your attention or was it something else? Please share what you consider to the top equipment introduced in 2022.

donbavis_RSReefMat.jpeg

Photo by @donbavis

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefMat here. Smart, rolls are easy to replace. Plug and play with the new RedSea G2 tanks is super nice as well.

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing ground breaking imo, but hydros does seem to be making some strides. Wish I wasn’t so heavily invested in Neptune.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back