What do you consider to be the top reef equipment introduced in 2022?

What do you consider to be the top reef equipment introduced in 2022?

• Neptune A3 Apex Pro aquarium controller

Votes: 47 13.7%
  • Hydros Kraken 24V Power Center

Votes: 31 9.0%
  • EcoTech Marine G6 Radion Pro LED lights

Votes: 34 9.9%
  • Red Sea ReefMat fleece roller

Votes: 162 47.2%
  • Hanna Marine Monitor

Votes: 28 8.2%
  • Other

Votes: 41 12.0%

• Total voters

dpfriedman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the red sea roller mat is on my wish list, I think it deserves the title. However I am looking forward to see how the new line of red sea skimmers perform which drops in early 2023.
We bought and installed our ReefMat after visiting the Reefapalooza in Dallas the first of October. I just got a notice two days ago that the mat will need to be changed in about 5 days. That is 12 weeks for the first roll. It has worked flawlessly!

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea reef mat is the best new equipment hands down. It is light years ahead of my old theiling compact roller mat.

Darren

cvicente

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea Fleece roller. I run the 1200 in my system, the best piece of equipment I have ever purchased for my mixed reef, game changer !

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of that equipment isn’t new, apex v3 is the same thing as v2, not sure how that got any votes.
I bought 3 Reefmats this year. Love that they replace the socks so that became automated. However if they keep using this much a day 60-90” it is going to become pricey.

As far as the APEX goes. I had 6 of the 2016. When I got one for my Frag tank system, I called my lfs and found out they still had one of the 2016 and I had them hold it. I prefer the probes it comes with vs the water gauge. That being said, I had an ATO stick on and caused me a small flood. Now wondering if I should get the water gauge?

ATO should always be on timer

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fully recognize I am a little bit bias :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: here but I think the top reefing equipment introduced in 2022 was the new RFG Flex Series. It was introduced in August at RAP Cali earlier this year.

The RFG Flex Series improves on our original rigid Random Flow Generator® Nozzle in every way. It i s extremely durable, more compatible and does exactly what it promises. Plus - it is still very affordable for what it provides and might just be the most durable product being use in the aquarium hobby today.

RFG075-FLX_3908_squeez.jpg

At least that's my option anyway - LOL

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All of that equipment isn’t new, apex v3 is the same thing as v2, not sure how that got any votes.

ATO should always be on timer
Actually I run Autoaqua smart ATO RO on 7 different systems. The system in question for what ever reason didn’t close the solenoid and the float valve for whatever reason also failed. First time I have had this happen. But yes ATO does need some safeguard. Unfortunately both of mine failed.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about the biggest bust of 2022 ? Has to be the Hanna Mag checker..Something I could have done without but I got got with it anyway. Still haven't received my "updated" unit yet. I don't know why people still buy Hanna products.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
How about the biggest bust of 2022 ? Has to be the Hanna Mag checker..Something I could have done without but I got got with it anyway. Still haven't received my "updated" unit yet. I don't know why people still buy Hanna products.

To be fair Hanna did fix the issue and sent out replacements. I am glad we have Hanna as an option . I use mostly Salifert nowadays but i use the ULR Phos and HR Nitrate frequently

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do the rollers work in your tank?

What was the difference before and after?

They were only starting to show up DIY in 16/17 when I took my tank down.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair Hanna did fix the issue and sent out replacements. I am glad we have Hanna as an option . I use mostly Salifert nowadays but i use the ULR Phos and HR Nitrate frequently
Well, I'm still waiting on mine. Have been for months. Even after speaking to them directly and exchanging multiple emails and messages through r2r. Still nothing. Gave them everything they needed. Proof of purchase etc.. As a business owner myself I would expect a bit better.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
How do the rollers work in your tank?

What was the difference before and after?

They were only starting to show up DIY in 16/17 when I took my tank down.
As for me, I think it makes maintenance easier as I don’t have to pull and clean socks. Also since it rolls up, the dirt doesn’t sit in the water, and so I think nutrients are better removed from the water.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back