What Do You FEED/SUPPLEMENT Your Mushrooms???

Glenn

Reefer and Model Railroad
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, that sorta makes sense - two of my largest groups of hairy (frilly) mushrooms are the ones that the black -n- white clowns host ... never really thought about that before !!

Otter_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushrooms are lagunal corals. Typically they do well in a variety of conditions. I have seen them thrive in low and intense lighting, high and low salinity, high and low temps, and varying currents. In my experience none of these Perameters matter that much as long as you keep them consistent and don't let them fluctuate much. Aquabull is right that they tend to do better with iodine and amino acids. Since you got lugal's you can add Seachem's Reef Plus and cover much of everything else the shrooms need. In my experience, mushrooms do best in well established, well stocked(fishwise) aquariums. They like a higher nutrient load than other corals which is why they do better in well established systems.

OP
OP
K

Kathleen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing Reef Plus at least once a week but some of my mushrooms are still not doing well. I did a fresh water dip on one rock because I could see flat worms on them. Do flat worms kill anything, I can see them on a leather too?

Otter_rs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a variety of flatworm that will irritate mushrooms. They won't kill them, but the mushrooms won't thrive. Are they clear?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back