What do you feed?

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious on what people feed their inhabitants. I would like to switch to a more natural healthy food as opposed to just frozen. I tend to avoid pellets as well. I was wondering what you guys feed your fish whether it be lettuce or oysters. Would love some ideas and to know what NOT to feed.

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using 4 different kinds of flake food, NLS pellets, live black worms and a few frozen foods such as Mysis shrimp, Beefheart & Emerald Entrée. Growth is good, color is good and the Clownfish are breeding on a regular basis too. Variety is key. GL.

maidia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought frozen sea food at Korean Market , blended and mixed with Mysis (dried and frozen)and seaweed then feed the fish. The fine liquid I target feed the corals (Not SPS).

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be a bad reefer, i just feed Roti-feast every day or so. One small squirt in each power head. Everyone seems happy.
I'm currently just alternating between a mysis cube and emerald entree. There's another one but I can think of the name.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live black worms. Fish LOVE em.. Supplement withfrozen mysis, pellets and nori.

A balanced diet make for fat happy and healthy fish.
Where does one get live black works? Would love to treat my fish! I currently have a few packs of blood worms but I don't think they're very nutritional

JTreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the reef-Larrys reef food frozen nano blend. Has a little bit of everything in it. Formula one flakes.
For the seahorses-Hikari or PE mysis, frozen gut loaded spirulina brine. Rods pacific plankton

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does one get live black works? Would love to treat my fish! I currently have a few packs of blood worms but I don't think they're very nutritional
I get mine at my LFS. Yes you are right, bloodworms are pretty much worthless for marine fish.

SBlisters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious on what people feed their inhabitants. I would like to switch to a more natural healthy food as opposed to just frozen. I tend to avoid pellets as well. I was wondering what you guys feed your fish whether it be lettuce or oysters. Would love some ideas and to know what NOT to feed.
I feed my coral phyto Feast, and my clown pe pellets. Every once in awhile I do live brine shrimp.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get a variety of fresh wild seafood from the super market. Salmon, tuna, clams, oysters, whole uncooked shrimp, fish eggs.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm feeding beta brine to my tank. But do i need to suppliment Phytoplankton for my clam?

The clam will definitely benefit from a phytoplankton blend like our Phyto-Feast or SDaquarist, but if it's a Tridacnid, food is not essential to its existence because they harbor zooxanthellae: give them plenty of light to keep them happy. The non-photosynthetic bivalves do need to be fed.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back