What do you like the most about your reef tank? What do you like the least?

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you like the most about your reef tank? Is it a particular coral or fish? Is it the aquascape? Is it how stable it is? Maybe it's an invert? Is it how it makes you feel?

What do you like the least about your reef tank? Problem fish? Too much maintenance? Struggling with a disease or pest? Too expensive? Smells funny?

For me, I really enjoy the goby/pistol shrimp combo. The pistol shrimp is constantly rearranging the sandbed so I enjoy the changing aesthetic, and the yellow watchman goby is the perfect grumpy-looking sidekick.

The thing I like the least about my tank is the vermetid snails. The God &*%^ vermetid snails. I've learned to live with them, but they are everywhere. It's like my rockwork is auditioning for the next Hellraiser movie. I occasionally scrape them off during water changes, but it's futile to think I can remove them all. Like the Borg. Resistance is futile.

So what do you love...what do you hate, about your reef tank?

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
210g tank 100g basement sump, love almost everything, 30 years of dialing it in and being almost fully automated. Hate 30" depth sometimes

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back