What do you need 3d designed for Christmas? I'll make it for the community...

dumpysauce

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a link to the UV sterilizer you use alone with a picture of where you want it to be mounted.

mounted vertically screwed into wood stand

you rock.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you make a hang on holder for my Jager heater, I hate suction cups. My tank has a rim so it would be cool to have one of those screws to hold it on

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A stick that can hold the Neptune PAR monitor...
I used an idea on the forum for mine, which is just a length of 20mm electrical conduit. You cut two parallel lines about 10mm apart at on end and bend that up for the mount. Drill and countersink a hole from the inside of the cutout and that’s your mount point. Cable tie the PAR monitor cable onto the conduit and hey presto, you have a mounted PAR meter as long as you want. You can adjust the angle of the meter as needed.

Let me know if you want a photo or a link to the original thread that I used.

Valhalla Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Matt,

Here you go. I don't have a Nero 3 so I had to go off some measurements I found online. My guess is that it will be a tight fit. Also, I did not add any tabs to keep the cover in place because I don't know where to put them without having the Nero 3 in my hands.

Here is the link to the file. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4695451
Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 4.38.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 4.41.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 4.41.04 PM.png
Very Nice! I’m curious what software you used for the modeling?

Did you happen to use a voronoi algorithm plugin/script for the irregular grill holes?...or ‘free model’ that pattern geometry?

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice! I’m curious what software you used for the modeling?

Did you happen to use a voronoi algorithm plugin/script for the irregular grill holes?...or ‘free model’ that pattern geometry?
I used Fusion 360 free form modeling to create the surface.

For the Voronoi, I imported the surface model into MeshMixer. I reduced the mesh multiple time and then did a pattern called dual edge. I recorded a video for you below.

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mounted vertically screwed into wood stand

you rock.
Here is the model. Before uploading the file I need you to take exact measurements of the tube Diameter (At the Ts and the central pipe).

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 5.22.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 5.23.07 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 5.23.15 PM.png

Valhalla Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Fusion 360 free form modeling to create the surface.

For the Voronoi, I imported the surface model into MeshMixer. I reduced the mesh multiple time and then did a pattern called dual edge. I recorded a video for you below.
Thanks for your reply and sharing this!
I mainly use Acad & Inventor and more recently Rhino w/ Grasshopper...but I’ve alway been meaning to try Fusion - I definitely will now. That MeshMixer Voronoi turned out awesome. Appreciated!

Look forward to continuing to follow along. Cheers and happy holidays!

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you make a hang on holder for my Jager heater, I hate suction cups. My tank has a rim so it would be cool to have one of those screws to hold it on
I looked up the specs on the Jager heaters so this is what I came up with.

The holder attaches to a magnetically coupled algae scrapper so you can place it anywhere. I'll give it a test print.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 11.57.08 PM.png

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks this would be a huge help. First things first I have this tiny controller for the Tunze nano and would appreciate a mount I could drill to the wood
image.jpg

#2 What I use to control my tank is this kasa smart power strip

And at night the light on it annoys me. I know this isn’t a necessity so this one you could pass on if you’d like. I’d like a cover for that part. Maybe snap on
image.jpg

This might work for both? I need the measurement of the Tunze controller and the smart power strip. I also need a profile picture of the strip. The plan is to convert the light on the strip with a snap-on part that holds the Tunze controller.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 12.25.41 AM.png

leilani908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is still open, an anemone guard/wave maker cover for a Jebao SOW-4. And merry Christmas! sweet of you to have offered this to people!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice and talented folks making stuff for reefers;

Can you print me some Bitcoin, I'm sure we all could use some of those!

(Thanks for posting this thread. I really am amazed at the neat things you all are doing with 3D printing technology and computer modeling. Pretty neat.) :)

DavidJTawil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd this. I've been trying to buy the neat aquatic UV mount for the pentair 40 watt but it's been out of stock for months.

Ha awesome. I have very basic abilities and have made a few things for my tank. Nothing crazy. Been looking for a good mount for my UV to mount that I can take apart for maintenance fairly easily. My 3d skills are not that good yet ha

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a weird one for you!

I’m building a lighting rack to go in my canopy, and will use a tubular motor to raise/lower it. Long ago someone posted a picture of a “take up reel” on one of these motors and I have never been able to find one.

This is the rod/motor (2.5” diameter?):

This post shows the tube with the reel:

D92E8F12-D2DD-4ACB-94EA-AB289B03461F.jpeg

I believe it has screws on the sides to secure it to the rod.

I’m still not sure what exact cable product to use (or the diameter). Maybe this is possible?

Thanks for looking!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m building a lighting rack to go in my canopy, and will use a tubular motor to raise/lower it. Long ago someone posted a picture of a “take up reel” on one of these motors and I have never been able to find one.

I’m still not sure what exact cable product to use (or the diameter). Maybe this is possible?

Thanks for looking!
You made me look. I like this idea!
I found something similar but have no idea if it is adaptable for your project
blind motor GL

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You made me look. I like this idea!
I found something similar but have no idea if it is adaptable for your project
blind motor GL

Right, the tubular motor/rod is the easy part. I'm looking for a reel to go on the rod (that white cylinder with the cable wound on it). I might take a stab at it, but I don't do much in 3D other than square things in sketchup for woodworking projects.

The thought with the reel is it should prevent the cable from abrading the rod and causing aluminum filings to get into the tank.

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for looking!
Your right, this is an interesting one...

The real might actually be easy to create. Give me a min

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, the tubular motor/rod is the easy part. I'm looking for a reel to go on the rod (that white cylinder with the cable wound on it). I might take a stab at it, but I don't do much in 3D other than square things in sketchup for woodworking projects.

The thought with the reel is it should prevent the cable from abrading the rod and causing aluminum filings to get into the tank.
Here you go. The tube profile should match. I added 6 bolt locations that are threaded so you can secure the real to the tube. You could use t-nuts to insure this thing never moves. You can also secure the cable to one or many of the bolt locations. Last, the outer thread is 3mm and I was just guessing that the cable would be around that size. Let me know the diameter of the cable and I can update it.

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 7.26.39 PM.png

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's amazing!
The larger part is 2 3/4".
The smaller part looks to be 2 7/16".
Here is the updated model. This should be pretty close to complete.

At the bottom, I added a hollow hexagon that can be glued to the bottom of the sterilizer with a magnet inside. This will make the sterilizer snap in place and prevent it from rotating. You can lift up the sterilizer and rotated 45 or 90 degrees then drop it back down into the hex slot.

Here is the Thingiverse link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4700825

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 7.59.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 7.58.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 7.57.08 PM.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back