What do you think I should know before starting my own tank?

vlivinglife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to start my own salt water reef tank. That will definitely be way down the road since I’m still a rookie. Can you guys link some articles, books, advice & etc. About saltwater tanks, corals, saltwater fish, dos and don’t, best tanks. Everything and anything you think I should learn about before getting into this. I want to know everything before starting my own tank because it’s expensive and I don’t want to regret it. I’m all ears, thanks in advanced!

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! This article should help with the basics!

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community. We are in the same boat, been here since August reading in the forums, planning, asking questions, etc. Lots of info here, second the suggestion of watching BRS videos. All kinds equipment, test kits, setup, corals, etc.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. I also think BRS videos are good as well as others online. Also WIReefers link. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed. Take things slowly.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
goofy movie hello GIF

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back