What do YOU think is the Coolest thing in your tank? Pictures required

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do YOU think is the 1 "Coolest" thing in your tank? Yes, pick just 1 item... it’s like picking which of your kids you like the most..LOL

This is about what you think is the "coolest" thing in your tank. It can be a Fish, Coral, invert or piece of equipment. There is no wrong answer here. The only requirement..
Post a picture and give a brief reason why.

For me, I have to say my purple tang is the coolest thing in my tank. Love to watch him zoom in and around all my rock work inside the tank. When I add Nori he just attacks it. The fact that I wanted a Purple Tang for 30 years and finally got one now that I have a big enough tank. Also purple is my color of choice. Fun fish!

Haze-2265.jpg

Last edited:

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me its my tank raised Cherub pygmy angel fish. Found it at the lfs floating in the shipping bag. Maybe 1" max.
They grow fast. It is constantly swimming in and out of the rocks and picking at them. So far not picking corals. It has buddied up with a neon dottyback. They swim around the tank together.
20190822_182144.jpg

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say my clam. Got it last December and it's still kicking! It's also the only impulse buy I've ever had; first and last thing I bought without prior knowledge of how to take care of it. Here are two pictures of it. The top one should be the current photo - its a brilliant purple with specs of blue. The bottom should be day 1 when I bought it. It had a nice gold color back then but I love it more now.

FB_IMG_1573311691951.jpg ae98b15.jpg

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bioluminescent organisms living in my tanks. Reason I think this is the coolest thing in tanks is this its not often documented in reef aquariums and often goes unseen or unnoticed. I bet a lot of other reef aquariums out there have Bioluminescent shows going on at night that have never been observed. its not easy to get pictures of these displays as most of it will not be picked up by the camera. Nothing better than sitting down in front of the tanks in the dark watching for flashing lights.

Picture of one of the bioluminescent brittle starfish living in my refugium.
IMG_3912 (2).JPG

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bioluminescent organisms living in my tanks. Not easy to get pictures as most of it will not be picked up by the camera. Nothing better than sitting down in front of the tanks in the dark watching for flashing lights.

Picture of one of the bioluminescent brittle starfish living in my refugium.
IMG_3912 (2).JPG
please reproduce :p

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back